View Full Version : Hard reset the 3955 ipaq

DARKMON
09-20-2002, 02:34 PM
I installed JSLandscape on my 3955 and now all I get is the red and white boot screen. I soft reset and it freezes on the boot screen. So I need to perform a hard reset to start all over again. Please help!!!

ebikeclass
10-16-2002, 12:09 AM
I have the same problem - looking for a way for a hard reset on my 3970. I'll post back here if I find out how to do it.

ebikeclass
10-16-2002, 12:16 AM
I read in another forum to push the #1 button (Calendar), and #4 button (iTask) and the Soft Reset button at the same time. I tried this and it didn't seem to work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

ebikeclass
10-16-2002, 12:50 AM
You have to hold the 2 buttons down and the soft reset at the same time for about 2 or 3 seconds and it hard resets.

Eric Cox
10-19-2002, 05:41 AM
If you mean the hard reset where you lose all your data, then just power the iPAQ down - use the stylus to open the little power switch cover and flip the switch, wait a few seconds, and flip it back. Close the cover and you're in business. (minus your applications and data)

acollet
10-19-2002, 11:34 AM
You can get ToolMan (great utility and free) from sites like pocketgear.com or handango. This has quick utilities for hard reset, soft reset, etc. etc. CAnnt live w/out it

Janak Parekh
10-19-2002, 09:39 PM
If you mean the hard reset where you lose all your data, then just power the iPAQ down - use the stylus to open the little power switch cover and flip the switch, wait a few seconds, and flip it back.
There's no switch on the 3800 or 3900 series units.

The advice about holding down the leftmost and rightmost application buttons, then holding in the soft reset is correct. The key is not to "tap" the soft reset, but to hold it down (at least 3 seconds, more doesn't hurt). Release all the buttons and you'll see the screen slowly "disintegrate", and eventually turn clear. After some time (HP recommends 30+ seconds), reset again and you're back in business (minus all of your data, of course).

--bdj