View Full Version : New Laptop, Outlook, and my PPC

harry
09-19-2002, 09:51 AM
Well I need to vent. But it's not about my PPC. Well it is sorta. I had to get a new laptop this week and load all my goodies on to it. My laptop is my primary PC so it's a must to get it all going. Well I did get everything loaded and syncing well enough. Until I started using Outlook 2002. For whatever reason Outlook will no longer store my e-mail passwords. I've got 5 e-mail accounts and I'm getting tired of typing in the password each time. I've tried to save the password in the tools area and at the network prompt. As long as I don't shut down Outlook it'll retain the passwords. But if I shut it off and then restart it they're gone. I know this isn't a PPC problem, but if someone knows where I might get some help on this I'd be grateful indeed. :x

Underwater Mike
09-20-2002, 03:08 AM
This happened to me when I got a new notebook last winter, running XP home and Outlook 2000. I can't remember the exact cause of the problem (or, unfortunately, the fix), but it involved deleting some file that was messing things up so that Outlook could write a new passwords file. I DO remember finding the solution by doing a search on the Office tech support site.

Good luck, and sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Steven Cedrone
09-20-2002, 03:26 AM
Harry,

See if this helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q259416&gssnb=1

Steve

harry
09-20-2002, 07:08 AM
That was the tip/link that I needed!!! No more kicking the cat or maligning MS for their evil ways. I thought I had looked everywhere too. It's funny how the simple problems are the most frustrating. Thanks again! :way to go: