View Full Version : Wi-Fi Not Working

reidme
09-18-2002, 10:35 PM
I have a Netgear wireless router (802.11b) and I can't get my Pocket PC to access the internet. I have several other devices that work fine with the router, so I know the router is working. I have a Symbol Spectrum 24 CF card in my Jornada 568 with drivers installed. The Symbol utility on the Jornada recognizes the wireless access point and says the signal is excellent. When I try to connect to a web site IE gives an error message that says "Trouble Connecting" and tells me to change my connection settings. As far as I can tell there's almost nothing to configure in the "Connections" dialog, but I've tried every permutation of what options it has with no luck. Can anybody help? Thanks!

Frustrated!

reidme
09-19-2002, 01:24 PM
BTW - I've gone through the WLAN setup guide on this site and tried everything it suggests. Still need help!

don dre
09-24-2002, 07:20 PM
I had to go in to set all my settings to Work. Within each I modified them so that they all read that "this network connects to the internet." Other than that, I would try downloading pocket LAN from Handango and see if that helps. You can get a 10 day trial to see if it helps you.