View Full Version : Converting users from Palm to PocketPC

nightline
09-17-2002, 06:44 PM
I have a question for all of you. My job requires me to handle getting users up and running on there new Pocket PC's. These may range from Jornada's, Ipaq's, Cassiopia's etc.

My main question is this. Has anyone found a foolproof way to transfer ALL data from the palm into the pocket pc?

I found an ariticle that talked about syncing everything up to the web with Excite, but I do not want to take that route.

I would much rather start off by installing ActiveSync and Outlook 2002, then somehow syncing the Palm directly into Outlook, then syncing the PocketPC to outlook thus bringing all the information down in just a couple of steps.

Any views on this would be greatly appreciated.

:D

Jason Dunn
09-17-2002, 08:32 PM
Get Chapura Pocket Mirror (Google it) and you can do a Palm Desktop to Outlook direct sync - the Excite method I wrote about (I think you're talking about my article) is the "free" method, but it's certainly not the best way.

pb_pup
09-29-2002, 10:18 PM
A friend of mine used Harmony 99 to transfer his stuff to Outlook then back to his new PPC. Worked for her. Last time I talked to her she was trying to convert her Palm files (the ones that can be opened directly on a desktop) through TransMac. Haven't heard the outcome of that experiment. Will let you know if it bore any fruit...

Thinkingmandavid
09-30-2002, 01:37 AM
Hello:)
You can transfer your data easily to Outook and then sync your ppc so Outlook so your ppc has the info the palm did. I had an IBM C3 and switched and it worked fine:)