View Full Version : Syncronizing Appointments

NovicePPCUser
09-17-2002, 06:17 AM
Hello,

My company has just purchased 6 iPAQ 3970. The computer that each is connected to is part of a small Windows 98SE network.

We use MS Outlook and often use the "Plan a meeting" facility to put appointments on several computers at once.

We would like to be able to plan meetings on our PPC when out of the office and invite other employees, and when the PPC is returned to its cradle send the meeting notifications to each computer and put it directly into the calendar in the same way as we do if "Planning a meeting" on the PC.

Can anyone offer any advise

Thank you

Eric

Brad Adrian
09-19-2002, 01:27 AM
Sadly, meeting planning functionality similar to that of Outlook does not exist on the Pocket PC. Part of the issue is that you need access to mutiple people's calendars do to this, which would be very difficult to do using a remote device.

The best I can suggest is to use e-mail as best you can for such planning.

NovicePPCUser
09-19-2002, 03:39 AM
Thank you Brad,

Not sure the boss will be very happy but at least we know why all the diffrent things we have been trying to do and didnt work.

One other question is I may. I continually get "1 item not syncronized" in the files section of ActiveSync.

I have tried completely emtpying all the files from the folders on my PC but still I cant get rid of the comment.

Any thoughts.

Best wishes

Eric