View Full Version : Linksys BEFW11S4 / WCF11 HELP!

berzins
09-16-2002, 07:15 PM
Hi guys. I am having a problem I would like to run by you.

I purchased a LinkSys BEFSW11S4 and WCF11 card some time ago for my iPAQ 3850. When it first arrived, I installed it and everything worked great. For reasons I wont get into here, I had to blow my iPAQ away with a hard reset and re-install all my applications. Ever since then, I can't get the thing to network. I know it's not the settings for encryption and SSID as I have checked these more times than I can count. I've also tested it on two wireless units (both linksys), so I can assume it's not the base hardware.

When I called LinkSys they basically told me that the WCF11 card is only for Windows CE and not PPC2002. This may be the case, but it does not change the fact that I had it working in the first place.

So my questions are:

1) Does anyone out there have this setup? Have you had problems with it in the past?

2) Is there anything else I can look at to see what the problem may be?

3) HELP!

Dave...

bdeli
09-17-2002, 05:40 PM
Than the linksys tech guy was still asleep....pocket pc 2002 have the windows ce 3.0 os installed and your card is supported from windows ce 2.1 and higher - ftp://ftp.linksys.com/datasheet/wcf11ds.pdf

Did you change any WEP/SSID settings on your router? Enabling SSID and disabling WEP might get your card working back again. Enable WEP after you get your card working again.