View Full Version : iPAQ 3870 - T-68 - and GPRS

aamexas
09-14-2002, 12:54 PM
Hi to all....

I seem to have a HUGE problem and any help or ideas would be greatly anticipated...

I use to have an PPC 2002 iPAQ 3870 and a T-68 mobile phone that worked perfectly together through GPRS. Accesing the web through PPC IE was fantastic, getting my e-mails was quick.

Ahhhhhh those days...

Everything started when i desided to upgrade my T-68 mobile's software to T-68i in order to get MMS.

Since I have upgraded the phone, and paired them again, because all the data on my T-68 was lost with the upgrade- everything works perfectly through Bluetooth (exchange of names etc), BUT....

Although I am able to connect to the web there is... NO DATA TRANFER.....
(ie when i disconect it has 0 bytes send 0 bytes received)

It connects to the web no problem, but then I gets a message 'page not found' when i try to surf on PPC IE, and a similar message when i try to get my e-mails through PPC Outlook.

I have cheched again and again and again my settings on my t-68(i) and iPAQ (APN/DNS etc) and everything seems to be ok....

I even installed again PPC 2002 Update...

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy.....

I need your help please....

njb42
10-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Did you recreate the proper accounts on your T68i? With some providers (e.g. with VoiceStream) your T68 needs separate data accounts for WAP browsing on the phone itself and for Bluetooth connections.

And if the connection already exists, make sure the CID# of the connection hasn't changed. Make sure that the CID your iPAQ is dialing (*99***n#) is the same as on the phone (Connections > Data Comm. > Data Accounts).

Houston2006
10-14-2002, 08:16 AM
Did you recreate the proper accounts on your T68i? With some providers (e.g. with VoiceStream) your T68 needs separate data accounts for WAP browsing on the phone itself and for Bluetooth connections.

And if the connection already exists, make sure the CID# of the connection hasn't changed. Make sure that the CID your iPAQ is dialing (*99***n#) is the same as on the phone (Connections > Data Comm. > Data Accounts).

Been there done that. I wish T-Mobile (fomerly Voicestream) had Wireless Web like Spint PCS, but oh well.

doctorc
10-21-2002, 02:12 AM
have you spoken with tmobile regarding this? i have beeen told by 3 different tmobile employees, including tier 2 wireless techs that the 68i does not work with their gprs network yet. they were very nonspecific but tmobile is not yet selling the 68i and the 68i's in tmobile stores (and all stores locally in the dc area) have been recalled and pulled from the shelves