View Full Version : Help!!My PPC Internet explorer won't open jpegs..

pb_pup
09-13-2002, 09:00 AM
I wanted to try out a 3rd party picture viewer (can't remember what it was) and when I uninstalled it, my IE won't open the jpeg files in my Casio E125. The other picture viewers still can but I want the IE to be the default picture viewer (still the fastest). Unless you guys can recommend a quick picture viewer..

Thanks in advance :cry:

Dave Conger
09-13-2002, 10:59 PM
Tap the "Hide Pictures" button in IE (last one on the lower right, little page with the X on it) to untoggle hide pictures.

Steven Cedrone
09-13-2002, 11:41 PM
Tap the "Hide Pictures" button in IE (last one on the lower right, little page with the X on it) to untoggle hide pictures.

The Casio e125 is a Pocket PC 2000 device, your fix is for the 2002 devices.

Try this:

Open PIE, go to tools, options, advanced, under media, make sure "show pictures" is checked...

When you double-tap a JPG file, what happens?

Steve

Small Town Man
09-14-2002, 12:20 AM
The 3rd party picture viewer changed the file extension association.
When you tap on an jpeg file the PPC looks for the application that is associated with the file extension (jpg). This is Pocket IE by default. Most 3rd party picture viewer change this to them self.

To reassociate the extensions with Pocket IE you can use the free PocketTweak application.

http://www.tillanosoft.com/ce/ptweak.html

Steven Cedrone
09-14-2002, 01:27 AM
Thanks STM, that's where I was headed next! :)

Steve

pb_pup
09-19-2002, 05:08 PM
Pocket Tweak worked like a charm.. Thanks STM and everybody that took the time out to answer my post!!! :D