View Full Version : Can I dial my T68i from my iPAQ 3870?

Jeff Rutledge
09-12-2002, 03:49 PM
I've searched many boards for this, but haven't had any luck.

Can I use my iPAQ to initiate a phone call with my T68? I can do this with my Palm m515. I just hit the Contact's number and click Dial. It connects to the phone and then hands off the call. From then on it's just a regular phone call.

I just can't seem to find a way to do this with the iPAQ.

Note: My iPAQ and phone are paired and I can surf the net via GPRS using the BT dialup modem.

Thanks.

Jason Dunn
09-12-2002, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a way to handle this - look around www.bvrp.com. I think Marlof or Arne would know as well...

Janak Parekh
09-12-2002, 04:39 PM
I think you want Running Voice GSM, at http://www.pocketpresence.com/rvgsm.asp - people have said very, very good things about it on this and other boards.

--bdj

Jeff Rutledge
09-13-2002, 04:13 AM
I think you want Running Voice GSM, at http://www.pocketpresence.com/rvgsm.asp - people have said very, very good things about it on this and other boards.

--bdj

I purchased it today. Very nice program so far. I think I'll be in geek-heaven tomorrow morning when my BT headset arrives. Then I'll just need the phone to be close by. I can control everything from my iPAQ and talk on the headset (in theory anyways; I'll letcha know how it goes).

Thanks for the tip.

Janak Parekh
09-13-2002, 04:30 AM
I purchased it today. Very nice program so far. I think I'll be in geek-heaven tomorrow morning when my BT headset arrives. Then I'll just need the phone to be close by. I can control everything from my iPAQ and talk on the headset (in theory anyways; I'll letcha know how it goes).
Theory yes, but I'm not sure how well it'll work in practice. The T68 has a limitation of only being able to handle one Bluetooth communication at a time. I haven't tried it, so YMMV.

--bdj

Jeff Rutledge
09-13-2002, 04:36 AM
Yeah, they mention that at the pocketpcpresence site. They say that Running Voice GSM has a profile called Passive which allows the iPAQ to hand off the call to the phone, then releases the connection again so that the headset can pick it up.

I'm interested to see if it works or not. I'll post my luck here tomorrow sometime.

(fingers crossed...)

Jeff Rutledge
09-17-2002, 10:46 PM
Just a quick update. This software is great. The one gotcha is that if you want to use the headset, you can't keep the iPAQ connection to the phone as BT can only do one connection at a time. I don't know if it's possible to update that with software or not, but that's my only complaint. Otherwise, it's great to be able to manage the phone from my iPAQ.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Alex57
09-20-2002, 08:52 AM
Try MPhone for Ipaq+t68+BT headset..

applian
02-11-2003, 06:47 AM
If you're looking for a cool Bluetooth dialer, have a look at Phone King from Applian.

This one is a fully functional dialer which supports the Bluetooth headset, has Caller ID, lets you make calls from the contacts app, shows live signal and battery indicators, sends SMS, has speed dial, and lots more. You can even design your own phone layouts or customize the existing ones.

Phone King is available as a free trial here:
http://www.applian.com

Check it out!

Bill Dettering
Applian Technologies Inc.