View Full Version : Ipaq 3800 dead?

green2
09-12-2002, 04:30 AM
Can someone help me please? I have a 3800 ipaq and it is dead... No signs of life! It was left uncharged for a month (I was on vacation). Then when I came back, I took it from it's case and plugged it. Hmmm. Wouldn't charge! Unplug then plug... Nothing! Hmmmm. Soft reset... nothing... Hard reset.... Still NOTHING! UGGGGGHHHH! The light won't even blink and the screen is blank... Do you think this is just a battery issue (battery drained then died?). I'd like to buy a battery but I'm not even sure if it's the battery. Please let me know what I can do, or what the heck is happening.. Thank you.

Jason Dunn
09-12-2002, 05:04 AM
I've seen this before - when the iPAQ battery gets really low in charge, it actually damages the battery. You needed to flip the hard reset switch to actually kill power to the battery before leaving, but no one ever tells you that. :-) Go to www.ppctechs.com and use the code "thoughts" to get a $5 discount off their battery replacement.

green2
09-14-2002, 02:34 PM
It's alive again! Thanks Jason... I was thinking of sending it in... The unit is still under warranty but I bought it 2nd hand and I wasn't sure if it has been tampered with. Looks really clean but you never know when you buy it 2nd hand... When you said hard reset, I thought I was doing it right with any 2 action buttons and the reset button... Hmmm... wrong! There are two specifict buttons to press and the reset button... Anyway, thank you I might just use the code for my other ipaq whose screen is flipping and inverted! Hey I need you advice on one more thing... As I said above it's still under warranty but I'm afraid it has been tampered with. I really want to buy the carepaq, do you think that is still possible... What if I buy the carepaq and then when I decide to send the unit in and get a new one.. They say my warranty is no good? What do yout think? Thanks again!

Jason Dunn
09-14-2002, 02:45 PM
I'm honestly not sure - I've never purchased a carepak before.