View Full Version : Battery Extender

ECOslin
09-11-2002, 08:39 PM
http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/pdabatex.html

Battery Extender, not exactly svelte or fashionable.

Cheap until I have time to take a mold of the back of my Maestro so a molded backpack could fit both the unit and so the charger could feed the extended battery. When I get a round Tuit.

I'd really like to see what Audiovox plans to offer for the factory battery pack. Is that the smell of vaporware?

Edward

Charles Pickrell
09-11-2002, 09:14 PM
You really can't call it vaporware because it is available today albeit from Japan. I would really expect Audiovox to sell all the accessories, they are probably just working with Toshiba to get Underwriters Laboratory approval for the electronic components which probably only have Japanese approval right now.

ECOslin
09-11-2002, 11:26 PM
Well maybe not Vaporware.

Is there big incentive now that the Maestro has left the regular marketplace?

I tried searching thru various overseas manufacturer links, and other than dead links, I ended back at the Audiovox EPB1032 Coming soon.
I did get one line of 10 Chinese characters to pop-up java window style, I think it meant, 'Not here bub' but in Chinese.(and the other links on the page lead to actual Audiovox PDA accessories, existing ones.)

The e740 has both a standard($69.99) and high capacity pack($129.99) offered on the Toshiba webside, and I saw no such thing for the E570.

Has anyone published the internals of the e570 or Maestro yet?

Edward

Charles Pickrell
09-12-2002, 12:14 AM
Sorry, I thought you meant the e550G.

ECOslin
09-14-2002, 04:17 AM
Rectangular box 2.5" wide x 2&5/8ths" length x 3/4 " depth.

Flat molded as non-reflective plastic box with on and off power switch.

10" long cable with mini male power plug on end.

Room for 4 AA batteries.

Recognized by PDA as power source when turned on.

My Maestro power manager say's connected to wall supply when this external supply is turned on.

So I guess it does what it's supposed to.

Edward

richard_b_scott
09-16-2002, 07:04 PM
Doesn't look so bad actually, I wish I could find one (or something like it)in Europe.

Anyone have any leads?

Steven Cedrone
09-16-2002, 09:34 PM
Dale Coffings site (http://www.pocketpcpassion.com) has the instructions to build these battery extenders...

Steve

RLBorg
09-20-2002, 03:20 PM
I think he means the specific battery extender from Audiovox.

I made my own extender from parts from Radio Shack, but the plug doesn't fit quite as well as i would like. that cost me $4.11 US including tax. The ones that Dale had well a lot more complicated.

ECOslin
09-27-2002, 06:40 AM
I'd like to see the actual factory made item. I'll use the black box in the meanwhile.

Anyone have pictures of the Audiovox or Toshiba 570 internals yet?

I'm looking for a disection, but I'm hesitant to be the first.

Edward