View Full Version : MS Works

Busdriver
09-09-2002, 02:13 AM
Does anybody use MS Works? Does the Calendar synch OK? What kind of printing options are there with Calendar. Outlook just doesn't quite cut it when it comes to printing out the "frig" calendar.

jdhill
09-09-2002, 02:50 AM
I don't believe that the Works calendar can sync with Pocket PC.

Outlook has a number of printing options. What type of calendar are you trying to print?

Busdriver
09-09-2002, 03:24 AM
I didn't think so either but at http://works.msn.com/Homepages/StandardProduct.asp it says
Calendar and address book Copy your Works address book, calendar, and schedule information to your Pocket PC or Palm-based device. Set reminders so you don't forget important events.

You're right , I see now that it doesn't say "synch" but what does "copy" mean? Do you have to import/export through Outlook to get the info to/from the Pocket PC?

I like to print a monthly calendar and I realize Outlook will print it but I was hoping for a little more control over fonts, font colors, maybe importing icons to the calendar, etc. and that sort of thing. I really like the output of Calendar Creator (Broderbund), for example, but I have to go through the import/export drill.

jdhill
09-09-2002, 03:42 AM
You're right , I see now that it doesn't say "synch" but what does "copy" mean? Do you have to import/export through Outlook to get the info to/from the Pocket PC?

I like to print a monthly calendar and I realize Outlook will print it but I was hoping for a little more control over fonts, font colors, maybe importing icons to the calendar, etc. and that sort of thing. I really like the output of Calendar Creator (Broderbund), for example, but I have to go through the import/export drill.
The last version of Works that I used is several years old. It looks as if they have enhanced the calendar since then. However the fact that it says copy rather than sync tends to indicate export/import to me.

In Outlook, you can control the font, style, and size (but not the color) used for printing. The icons only appear in the daily view, not the weekly or monthly views. It looks like a highly formatted calendar is going to require data export and import.

dunneldeen
09-09-2002, 10:28 PM
While I have never tried to "sync" or "copy" a works calendar and my PDA, some functionality exists. After I installed Works for my Daughter to use, I now have extra options in Activesync for an Address Book and Schedule from Works.