View Full Version : Volume Control Help!

Senneca
09-07-2002, 01:20 AM
Why is it that the built in volume control for the PPC2K2 only has 6 levels? I am having a little bit of a problem that the lowest volume setting is still too high for me. Are there any programs out there that can help this?

bschroader
09-09-2002, 06:24 AM
Try this app out.

http://www.rweclear.com/

Bill

Coralie
10-14-2002, 11:04 AM
hmm, nice app. gives excellent volume control in much smaller increments.

the only problem is that it still doesn't allow the volume to go below the lowest default level of volume. like senneca, i find this still too loud, especially with headphones.

spursdude
10-14-2002, 06:21 PM
you could try getting a pair of headphones that has an inline volume control. also, it depends on which headphones you have. some are just louder than others.

Coralie
10-15-2002, 12:08 PM
great minds must think alike, spursdude. i just bought a pair today, which does solve the problem.

unfortunately, these are earbud types, which i find become uncomfortable very quickly. i'm not very big (only 5 foot) & i have the ears to match. earbuds are just too tight a fit for my little ears for long wears.

i've been looking online for a number of hours now to find more headphones that have the inline volume control but, surprisingly, there are relatively few out there .. & most of the ones that do have the volume control are the earbud type.

if only there was such a thing as an external inline volume control that could be plugged in between the device & an existing pair of headphones. surely this exists??

Sven Johannsen
10-15-2002, 03:28 PM
Radio Shack
www.radioshack.com
Catalog # 42-2559
$5.99 Reg. Price

Here's the link, but it'll wrap like crazy
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F002%5F001%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=42%2D2559

Coralie
10-15-2002, 10:07 PM
sven, you're a star! :D

now let's how many times the value of the product it is to ship it to australia .. :? .. well, at least i know what to look for here now, although honestly, i've never seen one available here. might take a bit of shopping & ringing around.

Coralie
10-15-2002, 10:17 PM
bugger .. :?

they don't ship outside of the united states. bastards. :(

might have to call in the big guns: my friends from the usa who might purchase it on my behalf & mail it to me. i just LOVE the internet! :D