View Full Version : Showing Memory On Today Screen?

Senneca
09-06-2002, 04:52 PM
What is the best program out there for showing memory (ROM/RAM/Storage Cards) on the today screen for PPC2K2? Anyone out there have any suggestions?

How about programs for showing the battery Power Levels on the Today Screen?

Freeware prefered...

Thanks in advance!

don dre
09-06-2002, 05:02 PM
I use battery bar I got from Handango, can't cmoplain though it is five bucks. Oddly enough, I use it more than most other software. Like that damned weather prog, some things are worth a couple of bucks. It's the ones out there for $30 bucks that are simple ports...

David McNamee
09-06-2002, 06:26 PM
I had been using Battery Pack from Omega One, but it consistently erradicates the seperator lines between Today Screen plug-ins. The result is a mangled, ugly Today Screen. I e-mailed the developer and asked if there was a solution. They said that it is a known issue that they, "may look at solving for future versions."
It will be an excellent application once they get it to play nicely with the environment for which it was designed. I hope they fix it quickly, since I have not yet found a replacement with which I am happy.

MLO
09-06-2002, 07:00 PM
Yet another vote for Battery Pack.

The funny thing is, I use it for the Program Bar only. One of the icons is to a bundled app called "Power Store", and I tap it when I want to know how the Battery/Memory levels are looking.

I use themes on my Today screen, and I find that using both the Battery and Program bars obscure the picture.

MLO

msprague
09-06-2002, 07:53 PM
I have been using v1.1 of PocketPanel 2002 from RhinoCode. I haven't tried the newest version that has "Trash Collector" but I have been happy with the application.
http://www.rhinocode.com/pocketpanel.htm ... costs $5.95

Jorgen
09-06-2002, 08:12 PM
I use on my hp-568 Today Meters (also called PHM Meters) which is freeware. It can show both memory (RAM and storage card) and battery info. For an iPaq, it can also show the sleeve battery status.

Jorgen

spursdude
09-06-2002, 11:56 PM
you could download gigabar, and use the Memstat module (all for free). then, on the top little bar on your screen, one of the "modules" will display running programs memory, storage memory, and storage card memory.

gigabar also comes with another little module that allows you to monitor your battery life, always.

i realize that these aren't today screen plugins, but they are always there and they are fairly easy to use. and, gigabar is free.

MobiliT
09-12-2002, 03:22 PM
I enjoy ScaryBear's PowerLevel. Just personal preference, it's simple.
http://www.scarybearsoftware.com/ppc_pl_overview.html