View Full Version : Lotus Notes Programming

gers0667
09-04-2002, 06:19 PM
Is there any information out there about PocketPC programming for Lotus Notes. I don't want to sync with it, I want to be able to hit Databases off of servers, etc. Any ideas would begreatly appreciated.

Jimmy Dodd
09-04-2002, 06:49 PM
I looked for some info on this a few months ago. I didn't come up with much beyond some information on IBM's site(s). All of it consisted of their product documentation, though. Not much to really get me started without a big investment in cash for their Notes development tools.

Sorry that I couldn't be more positive. Let me know if you have better luck.

gers0667
09-04-2002, 07:29 PM
A little more info...
I found out that to access a Notes Database, you need to have the Notes Client installed locally to access it, meaning that the PocketPC probably couldn't hit it directly. If you wrote some sort of sync to the PC and then use the PC to hit the database, it would work. Also, you can install Notes on a Web Server and use ASP to access the databases. So you could have the PocketPC app push stuff through ASP forms. That's all the further I have gotten.

cherring
12-10-2002, 03:21 PM
Have you heard of the mobile Notes application that can be installed on the PocketPc (or PALM or Symbian device, yuck) from IBM? You install the app and use domino designer to provide views for it.