View Full Version : Question about COntact in PPC2K

Ainvar
09-04-2002, 04:59 AM
Got a quick question that I guess is simple in terms but I have to be overlooking it. I like having all my contacts listed as First, Last but the only way I know to do is to edit them when I sync to my PC and go into Outlook and do it manually. If I add the contact through my iPAQ it does last, first not first, last like I want it to. Is there a way for me to have it setup that way on my iPAQ so I dont have to rely on outlook on my PC?

Ravenswing
09-04-2002, 10:21 AM
To my knowledge, the only control you have on the PPC is to list via company instead of name.

The only way to change the name listing is to change the File As box in Outlook on your desktop.

It's dumb, but it's all you've got, unless you use a PIM subtitute like Pocket Informant that will probably let you display the names any way you want (guessing there).

ironguy
09-04-2002, 03:18 PM
Pocket Informant can do that as well as some of the others out there. For contacts, you can list them as first, last; last,first; file as; company name; co name first last;co name last first.

It's a great program and I recommend it. www.pocketinformant.com :)

Ainvar
09-05-2002, 02:03 AM
OK I tried Pocket Informant (kick butt program)
I also tried Agenda Fusion since that was on Handango list.

Hands down Pocket Informant is much more pleasing to the eye and easy as heck to use. Plus I dont think I can beat the price and constant updates.
I am going to try it out and I am hoping it will let me still use the import and export to outlook contacts from mPhone that I use with my T68.

Thanks for the insight to this program!!

amcmoe
09-08-2002, 08:14 PM
yes, where it asks for last name, u can put their fist name, and when it asks for a first name, u can put their last name, then it will be in order by firstname, lastname :)

Thinkingman
09-09-2002, 12:52 AM
AHH now that is an idea, but the only catch to that is to remember to put the first in the last and the last in the first on a consistant basis. If you dont, then you may get confused yourself or have some weird stuff going on. :)

ctmagnus
09-12-2002, 08:00 AM
Whenever I see a contact filed as Last/First on my iPaq, I open the contact in Outlook on the desktop, set it to file as First/Last and resync. Problem gone. Fortunately, I usually catch that when I enter them originally and don't have to change them.

The only biggie here is importing from vCards that may be set to Last/First.

Jason Dunn
09-12-2002, 04:35 PM
Yeah, contacts created on the iPAQ are only in LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME format. There's no way to change it on the Pocket PC. When I sync with my desktop, I change it in Outlook - that's the only "solution".

I bitched long and hard about this to MS - they didn't see it as a problem.