View Full Version : Record button problem

masaki
08-29-2002, 07:43 PM
I mapped the record button to default "Record" (using the built-in voice recorder). The problem I have is that the button often doesn't do anything when I press it either when iPAQ 3970 is on/off. I had to run the Buttons applet, then tap OK (without having to change anything because the settings shown didn't change at all). Then the button will invoke the "Record" to begin recording.

Has anyone experienced this problem? My iPAQ 3970 seems to fail to run the "Record" from time to time. :evil: I don't think it's a hardware issue because if I map the button to other apps (e.g. NoteM) it works everytime. It's the "Record" (shortcut in \Windows\AppButtons) that's causing problems.

Any idea on how to fix it??

AKL114
08-29-2002, 09:58 PM
I have the same problem on my 3765.
Please let me know if you find a solution.

MultiMatt
09-07-2002, 05:32 PM
I have a 3970 and I have noticed on more than one occasion that when I pressed the Record button, the notes screen appeared, yet the little "bar" that moves (indicating recording taking place) would not be moving.

At first I assumed that it meant I wasn't recording, but as soon as I let go of the button, I heard the "double beep" meaning that it was finished recording!
I would try that repeatedly, and each time, no movement of that "bar", yet it was recording!
It might not be that big of a deal (I mean, it's still recording), but it seems like a fluke in the software. I use the recorder a LOT, so I know what normal operation of it looks like.
Sometimes, it just plain acts weird...

Annoying - especially considering how much $$$ this thing cost...

Matt