View Full Version : PC doesn't think I've sync'ed before

ironguy
08-29-2002, 03:35 PM
Suddenly I started receiveing this message when sync'ing:

The following information type on your mobile device has items that have not been synchronized with this computer before.

Items are listed, then ActiveSync asks whether I want to replace the items on my PPC with the PCs, Combine them, or not sync.

This happens at home and at work.

I have been syncing just fine until yesterday. The only software I've installed have been Mobipocket and Readerworks (only at work).

Any ideas?

HP J568, WinXP (H), Win2K (W)
:(

jdhill
08-30-2002, 04:29 AM
When you get this message, it's best to combine items.

In general, I've concluded after years of trying that it is best to sync a Pocket PC with only one PC.

As to what caused the original problem, it's hard to tell. You didn't create a new partnership did you?

ironguy
08-30-2002, 05:06 AM
It's the same old partnership I've been using for a long time. After numerous resets and PC reboots, it finally sync'ed properly.

If I choose combine, won't that give me double entries?

jdhill
08-30-2002, 04:45 PM
If I choose combine, won't that give me double entries?
Yes, it might. However, the alternative may result in missing entries. I'd much rather delete duplicates than try to recover lost data. I had another sync package (TrueSync from Starfish) decide that it would delete 8 of my calendar entries last night for no particular reason. I was not a happy camper and had to recover them from backup.