View Full Version : agendafusion or pocket informant

TIKI
08-27-2002, 01:45 PM
:?: With the new PI3.2 Version out is the argument that PI is very slow as compared to AF still valid, are there really any differences in functionality?

i_spock
08-28-2002, 05:55 PM
I'm a registered PI user.. it seems that 3.2 really is a lot faster than before. It really does rival Agenda Fusion's speed, but I think AF is still somewhat faster.

When I was evaluating both (PI 3.1 and AF 4.25), I found that I actually didn't like that AF's day view was integrated with the Today screen. I liked PI's agenda view better. AF was a lot faster though, and I might have purchased it if it would have had a longer evaluation period. Two weeks isn't long enough for me to evaluate a product that does so much, and that will basically "run" my life..

Another killer feature in PI is the task priority manager. It's a drag and drop interface that lets you quickly and easily prioritize all of your tasks. That was the dealmaker for me.

I also happen to think that PI's interface is cooler looking. Still, when the next version of AF comes out I'll certainly evaluate it. I'd still be open to switching to AF if the next version has a task priority manager similar to PI's.

Guy Van Houtte
08-29-2002, 04:11 PM
I am a happy user of pocket informant: no installation problems, updates work as expected, and it is FAST!!!

Guy.

bigkingfun
08-29-2002, 08:02 PM
I've been using PI for about a year and I think it's great. I've tried Agenda Fusion a couple of times and always ended up back with Pocket Informant. I didn't notice too much of a speed difference with AF and I really prefer the PI interface.

Evee Ev
08-30-2002, 01:20 PM
How do you get an event to appear in PI3.2 as an all day event? I'm not having any success with the drop-down times and stuff.

And...how the heck do you make things private in that program. I've gone to the Options menu, Globals Tab, and i've have chosen "Require PocketpC Password (if enabled) to view Private Items". But, I still don't know how to make appts private. I'm using Sign-On for security but it didn't work when I didn't have Sign-On.

Help a brother out...

bigkingfun
08-31-2002, 04:52 AM
For the all-day event, tap the little flag icon instead of using the time setting.

I don't use the private option, so I can't help you with the second question.