View Full Version : Ipaq 3955 with Merlin C201 PC Card (SPCS Vision) Help Needed

vagabras
08-26-2002, 11:03 PM
I purchased an Ipaq 3955 from CompUSA about 2 months and have been very pleased with it. Within the past few weeks Sprint PCS has recented the 3G service or PCS Vision. I purchased a Merlin C201 PC Card to use on my notebook and Ipaq. It works great on the notebook but I receive an error message on my Ipaq stating, "There is no application associated with "SprintModemMgr". Run the application first, then open this file from within the application." i called tech support with Sprint PCs and they had not heard of any problems with their software. The only thing the tech support could even think of is that it may be the new Intel X-scale processor. Has anyone had any problems like this or have a possible work around. Any help is greatly appreciated. :?:

Matilda444
09-12-2002, 02:59 AM
I'm using a Merlin C201 w/Sprint PCS Vision on my iPAQ 3970. No problems to report.

I had to remove the driver for my Sierra Wireless AirCard 750. They do not cohabitate happily on the same device.

I've got drivers for both the Compaq 110 and the Linksys WPC11v3 installed and those don't cause any problem.

danbooth
05-06-2003, 04:12 AM
I'm using a Merlin C201 w/Sprint PCS Vision on my iPAQ 3970. No problems to report.

I had to remove the driver for my Sierra Wireless AirCard 750. They do not cohabitate happily on the same device.

I've got drivers for both the Compaq 110 and the Linksys WPC11v3 installed and those don't cause any problem.

Why did you stop using the Aircard 750, I'm thinking of getting one. Is there something I need to know and how good is Sprint on accessing web sites on the internet with the Ipaq?

Dan

Matilda444
05-06-2003, 11:35 AM
The AirCard750 had AT&T's mMode service, I have found the coverage to be less than adequate.

Sprint's coverage is more complete for me, so I've been using the MerlinC201.

Matilda444
05-06-2003, 11:38 AM
FWIW: I actually prefer the AirCard750 device because of the retractable antenna. I could leave the device in the notebook and still get it in my briefcase. The MerlinC201 sticks out of the PCMCIA slot just enough to make it necessary to remove it before stowing the notebook.

jsanfordii
05-06-2003, 12:11 PM
I may be mistaken, but didn't sprint stop selling the aircards? I heard that they sent an email out to current customers indicating that the cards would be supported, but no new ones would be sold...

james