View Full Version : Ipaq 3870 + SE t68i ?

laz
08-26-2002, 09:21 AM
:D hey there lads first of all i woud like to say hallo to u all i just started using the forums and i have some questions for u lot to help me out :D

i owned a palm III years ago and then havent quite haved the need for a handheld till now i work alot mondays to saturdays and two sundays the whole day so i cant use the internet as much as i want to so im thinking of getting an ipaq 3870 witch i tend to use with my sonyericson t68i mobile phone so here are the things i wanna know so bear with me on thisone couse im kinda new to this :oops:

- can i use my phone as a modem using gprs connecting to internet via bluetooth connection to ipaq

-what are the limitations to the screen of the ipaq regardinng web browsing

-is there a chatt program like messanger or icq for ipaq

-does there exist a software for menaging ure phone logos and ringtones witch i can sent to phone from ipaq

-can i store pictures made by mca 20 communicam on my ipaq

-do i have to by an extra memory card couse i tend to listen to mp3s and what is the bigest size in mb and can i use onli SD cards what cards do u people suggest i get

:? thats all for now thx for ure help :)

REGARDS =LAZ=

angus
08-26-2002, 02:26 PM
I have been using this combination for some time now and it works quite well. My only problem is that I need to investigate this SDIO problem (there is talk they don't support all SD cards?). I would also like a transreflective screen - but hey - we can't wait for the next thing forever!

- can i use my phone as a modem using gprs connecting to internet via bluetooth connection to ipaq
+while connected to the 'net over GPRS you can make and receive voice calls. It really is an answer of "wow - the promise of this technology actually works". A reset of both devices is occasionally required if the connection does not establish correctly. GPRS 'net connection is up in about 3 seconds...

-what are the limitations to the screen of the ipaq regardinng web browsing
+ most sites are acceptable, and some sites actively detect smaller screens and shrink automatically. The smallest text size helps out with sites that don't. It isn't a 15" laptop screen, nor is it as quick, but it gets you out of a fix!

-is there a chatt program like messanger or icq for ipaq
+MSN Messenger is included on the iPAQ and it is awesome (if, unlike me, you have any friends to talk to!). I go and pickup mail, and have set messenger to signin whenever I am connected, so I get a popup if anyone else is online. Excellent.

-does there exist a software for menaging ure phone logos and ringtones witch i can sent to phone from ipaq
+There are some utilities, but the T68 is so new they are a little limited.

-can i store pictures made by mca 20 communicam on my ipaq
+there are third party "send file via bluetooth" programs, but I send and receive via infrared. The T68i natively supports bluetooth and IR

-do i have to by an extra memory card couse i tend to listen to mp3s and what is the bigest size in mb and can i use onli SD cards what cards do u people suggest i get
+As I say, some cards may not work (I am looking into this). You can get some MP3s on, but I don't mainly because of battery considerations.

Any help?

laz
08-26-2002, 06:09 PM
:D thx angus fo ure repy u helped alot realy nice to see people are ready to help out if ill have some more questions ill post here im geting mine ipaq next thursday can hardly wait :lol:

merlin
09-01-2002, 08:11 AM
Try mPhone.

I've been using it for a week now. So far so good.

You can send and receive sms, dial the phone from the iPAQ, speedial, transfer images to the phone..and more.

http://www.mobem.com/products/mphone21.php

laz
09-07-2002, 10:21 AM
thx merlin will look into it m8 and btw what software do u use for watching movie clips avi mpeg etc. i have a new ipaq 3870 and dont have additional software instaled yet :o

thx for the reply regards LAZ :D

merlin
09-07-2002, 05:10 PM
For MPEG I use PocketTV. You can get it here:
http://www.mpegtv.com/
(The link to pockettv seems to be down at the moment)

For AVI I use Pocket DivX Player .8j. You can get it here:
http://home.adelphia.net/~mdukette/downloads.html.

Both work very well.

BTW, do you have the BlueSpoon BT headset that appears in your avatar?
If so, what are your thoughts? :?:

Alex57
09-12-2002, 11:47 AM
+while connected to the 'net over GPRS you can make and receive voice calls. It really is an answer of "wow - the promise of this technology actually works".
I have 3870+t68 and no such luck.

You can accept/make call during GPRS but this will end your data session. Moreover, when you acctually receive/send something - incoming calls are rejected ("busy tone")

applian
02-11-2003, 06:47 AM
If you're looking for a cool Bluetooth dialer, have a look at Phone King from Applian.

This one is a fully functional dialer which supports the Bluetooth headset, has Caller ID, lets you make calls from the contacts app, shows live signal and battery indicators, sends SMS, has speed dial, and lots more. You can even design your own phone layouts or customize the existing ones.

Phone King is available as a free trial here:
http://www.applian.com

Check it out!

Bill Dettering
Applian Technologies Inc.