View Full Version : unable to connect to network with D-link CF card

vladz
08-25-2002, 12:13 AM
Please help!
I was just reading a post about problems with getting DCHP address using D-link DCF-650w and access point. I have a similar problem: whenever I insert the card a message says: cannot obtain DCHP address. My Maestro PPC is setup to connect to Internet via a D-link router and D-link access point. I can ping the router, but can't ping the AP. The card configuration screen shows a signal, but there is no connection.
The AP WLAN light is blinking which is supposed to indicate wireless activity. The member who also was having a similar problem with his Maestro and DCF-650W said that he found that Alarm Zone was blocking his PPC from getting DCHP address. But I don't have any alarms or other wireless signals in my house.
And the weird thing is that I was able to connect once - then no luck. Tech. support from D-link tried to help but so far there is no solution (although he sounded like a competent guy). I went back to the store and exchange the AP just in case, but nothing new happened.
Thanks in advance
:roll:

MultiMatt
09-07-2002, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure if your issue is exactly like what I was having, but I'll bet that this little piece of software will help:
http://www.furrygoat.com/Programming/ceipConfig.html

I kept getting a DHCP lease error. The ceipconfig utility took care of that in a snap!

Hope that helps...
Matt