View Full Version : IE and Linksys

sefi
08-22-2002, 04:26 PM
I just got the Linksys CF Card for my iPAQ. How do I set IE to use it to go to the internet? I have a signal and I can ping the router using a utility I downloaded. When I go to the connections screen, it just gives me an option for a modem, and not the wireless nic. I downloaded the configuration utility and ran it, but it didn't seem to do squat. It's not DNS (at least not yet) because I can't even get into the wirless router web utility by IP address (page can not be found). Please help!

Thanks

Jason Dunn
08-22-2002, 04:30 PM
1) Make sure the card is set to get an IP via DHCP (assuming you have a DHCP server on your Wifi connection)
2) Open up Pocket Internet Explorer and try to connect - it will tell you your connection manager settings are wrong
3) Set all of them to INTERNET
4) You should be live :-)

David McNamee
08-22-2002, 04:42 PM
3) Set all of them to INTERNET

I find that odd. I've seen that advice before, but I keep all of mine set to work. I have yet to run into a connection problem. Where can I learn more about the differences between the two settings and when once should be used instead of the other? I checked out the help files and really don't see a discernable difference.

Thanks,
-david

sefi
08-22-2002, 05:01 PM
Every time I try to change the "My network card connects to:" it defaults back to Work after I try to view a web page (which it tells me that "The page you are looking for cannot be found"). Secondly, how do I release and renew DHCP?

David McNamee
08-22-2002, 05:58 PM
Secondly, how do I release and renew DHCP?

Grab a copy of vxUtil from http://www.cam.com/

sefi
08-22-2002, 06:27 PM
I already have it, but it just gives me my info and has a punch of utilites. Where is the release/renew? And any idea about the IE problem?

David McNamee
08-22-2002, 07:21 PM
I already have it, but it just gives me my info and has a punch of utilites. Where is the release/renew?

My bad - getting my toys confused again. Try this:
http://www.furrygoat.com/Programming/ceipConfig.html

And any idea about the IE problem?
No, I'm afraid not.

sefi
08-22-2002, 10:40 PM
The IPconfig utility exe says it's not a valid Win32 application. I am running Windows XP.

David McNamee
08-23-2002, 03:06 PM
The IPconfig utility exe says it's not a valid Win32 application. I am running Windows XP.

IIRC, you just copy the exe to your PPC. There's not an install package.

-david