View Full Version : iPAQ meltdown – need help

Duncan_Idaho
08-22-2002, 12:58 PM
Hi

I had my iPAQ 3630 for a long time. During that period I encountered several problems with the hardware, as well as software. Recently my power button began to drop inside the shell of my PDA. I had to open it up to mount it again – cause I was unable to turn it off or on with this button in such position.

The last time I opened my iPAQ, I must have touched something with my screwdriver witch resulted in a shortcut ($!$%#!@)! There was a lot of smoke. I know that I shouldn’t do that with the battery hooked up but …

Now I have serious problem. iPAQ turns on, while on external power. But when I charge it up after disconnecting from the charger it works only for about 3 minutes.

Second thing I noticed is that the colors are “strange”. It looks as if it had only 256 not 4.000 colors. I can’t really describe it.

I’m sure that the smoke was coming from the regions of the power button, not the battery. Can you help me with that?
What could be wrong?

I hope that it’s the battery but it looks that there is some other problem (colors).

I live in Poland, and Compaq does not have service office here. They ship it to Holland! So I would have to wait a few weeks for an answer.

Thanks for your advice.