View Full Version : Loading a DB into the emulator

john1982
08-19-2002, 04:26 PM
Hi,

I am trying to access a db on my Ipaq that is in .cdb format.
I have a embedded VB program that when installed on the device has no problem
accessing the data. The problem is that when I run it using the emulator that comes with the pocket PC SDK I get the error "database doesn't exist" even though it definitely does. I have read something about having to load the db in to the emulator. Does anyone know how to do this or if it is even necessary or is there another way around this problem.

Thanks in advance

john

AngelPR
10-04-2003, 01:52 AM
Hi,

I am trying to access a db on my Ipaq that is in .cdb format.
I have a embedded VB program that when installed on the device has no problem
accessing the data. The problem is that when I run it using the emulator that comes with the pocket PC SDK I get the error "database doesn't exist" even though it definitely does. I have read something about having to load the db in to the emulator. Does anyone know how to do this or if it is even necessary or is there another way around this problem.

Thanks in advance

john

You must have in your machine 2 serial ports. One for the desktop activesync program and the other to be used by the emulator. You must have a null modem cable to do this. If you dont have a cable and want to create one visit the web site

http://www.firewall.cx/cabling_dcc-serial.php

then make the connection as described in eVB help "Using ActiveSync with the Emulator"

Then you can send the database to the emulator as is you were sending it to the pocketpc.