View Full Version : Wireless help for my Toshiba e740

ChrisL
08-16-2002, 10:25 PM
Hi I hope you can help me I have a e740 Toshiba and would like to browse the internet anytime and anyware. I am new to this I would like to know what I will need to do and what I would need to get. I check with Verizon and my internet provider and they said they can not help me. Verizon said that the Sierra Wireless Aircard 555 would not fit I thank that would be the best way to go I hope you can help

Brad Adrian
08-16-2002, 10:41 PM
Do you already have any kind of wireless service, like for a digital phone? If so, you can sometimes buy additional data services, and use your phone to connect.

The other information that would be helpful is:

Where are you located?
Do you have the budget to buy a wireless modem?
What are your expectations for data speeds?

ChrisL
08-16-2002, 11:58 PM
Hi yes I have a cell phone with Verizon but I would have to get a defferent phone they have a Sierra Wireless Aircard 555 but they said it does not fit into the e740 the rates or 35$ for 150 min check out the web page for verizon under express network

Thinkingmandavid
08-17-2002, 08:39 AM
you can buy a CF wireless modem to use with your e740 but it wont be at a fast speed. i know that voice stream has their gprs network in place and you could use that. but i dont know of a cable that you can use with your ppc to one of their gprs phones. you can check into it.
i am thinking also the irda would be anotehr possibility