View Full Version : e570 - Useless Files???

kja
08-16-2002, 04:32 AM
I just got my e570, and after 3 days of use I have found over 500 files in a "Windows\messaging" folder. They all have a "mpb" file extension.

What are these files and do I need them for my Pocket PC to function properly?

Also, how do I stop them re-appearing again?

jdhill
08-18-2002, 09:11 PM
I just got my e570, and after 3 days of use I have found over 500 files in a "Windows\messaging" folder. They all have a "mpb" file extension.

What are these files and do I need them for my Pocket PC to function properly?

Also, how do I stop them re-appearing again?

These files are created when you sync your Inbox or set up other services in the Inbox (e.g. POP e-mail from your ISP).

Yes, you need them for the Inbox to function properly. No, you should not delete them.

RickP in AZ
08-18-2002, 10:00 PM
It has been my experience that these files are created whenever MSN Messenger is logged in on the PPC. The number of files increase as you use the program for chat.

I have frequently deleted these files with actually no impact on usage or performance. They *are* temp files for Messenger's use.

Delete the .mpb files but definitely leave the Attachements folder intact as that is a necessary component.

Bear in mind that even if you don't use Messenger all that often it may be logging in when you Sync (if you have it set to automatically login whenever a connection is established.) Therefore these files are created on some machines even when Messenger is un-used by the owner.

(Yet another thing for me to cover at the next PhoenixPPC User Group meeting... :-)