View Full Version : Software to make my own Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

ScottG
08-15-2002, 02:58 AM
Every day I read magazines, newspaper articles, or stories over AvantGo that contain information I'd like to save for later random-access recall. For example, when I'm in the store and I want to remember what Men's Health said was the best pain reliever for headaches, I'd like an application where I can either scan an index I've created for 'pain' or 'headache' or enter a search for either of those terms. The information I want to record could be as small as just a couple of words per item to a large article imported from AvantGo.

Three applications come to mind: ListPro, HanDBase, and HPCNotes. Any sense on which one (or any other that I've left out) would make the most sense for this? Factors I would consider would be search speed, ease of entering data, ease and variety of methods to search for data, ease and variety of methods to find data, and ability to handle data of differing lengths and formats.

Brad Adrian
08-15-2002, 01:14 PM
I use HanDBase to do pretty much what you're talking about; I need to keep track of data bits I read in periodicals. The nice thing about HanDBase is that it has a desktop component, so you can edit, search and add to your databases while remote OR while working at a desktop.