View Full Version : Getting e-mail via Inbox on an iPAQ 3650 and Linksys WCF11

tarrytownfads
08-13-2002, 10:09 PM
I am having a problem here.

I have just installed the wireless network in my house. I am running an iPAQ 3650 (upgraded to PPC 2002) with a Linksys WCF11 through Linksys Wireless Router - BEFW11S4.

Here is a problem: I can connect to the Net, but cannot get my POP3 e-mail to the Inbox. I did set up new service in the Inbox, but when I am trying to connect I am getting message "Connection to the server timed out". I think it has something to do with Connection Manager. Following earlier posts I changed all settings to Work. But before now I used only Internet settings (I have 3 different ones: IR dial-up, CF modem and GPRS phone) and never - Work settings and I have no clue how to configure it for my Wi-Fi Card.

Could some one help, please? I would greatly appreciate it!

Brad Adrian
08-14-2002, 01:45 AM
First, I would recommend downloading and using the Connection Manager Wizard to help make sure all your setting are correct:

http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/downloads/connwiz.asp

Since you're getting timeout errors, and not errors with your network connection, it sounds like your e-mail settings might not be correct. I'd double-check those, too.

tarrytownfads
08-14-2002, 05:49 AM
Small correction - the massage I am getting says "Timed out waiting for a response from the server. Please try sending and receiving mail again".

And I tried the Connection Manager Wizard. It did not help.

When I open the Connection Manager and hit the 'Modify' button the only setting I have there is - in the 'Proxy Settings' screen I have 'This network connects to the internet' box checked.

Am I missing something?

T-Will
08-15-2002, 10:26 AM
Who's your POP3 provider?

tarrytownfads
08-15-2002, 08:51 PM
My POP3 service provider is AT&T.