View Full Version : Does the built-in Note program on your PPC seem slow to you?

kevdawg2003
08-12-2002, 08:53 PM
ok i love my ppc and it runs great! but anytime i need to quickly access my notes, it takes FOREVER to load them. plz tell me if im the only one that has this prob.

Kev

Anthony
08-13-2002, 01:28 AM
I really only have trouble with Note's speed when I forget to close all my apps for about a week or so :oops:

Jorj Bauer
08-13-2002, 09:29 PM
ok i love my ppc and it runs great! but anytime i need to quickly access my notes, it takes FOREVER to load them. plz tell me if im the only one that has this prob.

The only slowness that I see is when Notes has to load the directory listing for "All Categories" of my notes. I've probably got a hundred or so in various folders, and it takes it a while to figure out what to display.

Dave Beauvais
08-13-2002, 10:05 PM
I really only have trouble with Note's speed when I forget to close all my apps for about a week or so :oops:
You go more than a day or two without a soft reset? That's impressive. :D

heyday
08-13-2002, 10:16 PM
Notes is a terrible app. I bet you have Mazingo installed...

I use a far better program called HPC Notes. It gives me back all the functionality plus more like I had with my Palm and syncs well with outlook.

heyday

kevdawg2003
08-14-2002, 05:08 PM
now what makes you think i have mazingo installed? (i do)

im guessing it's the setup of my storage card and it's searching my microdrive for notes :?

im gonna play around with my settings and fix it.

ill also try that program, HPC Notes.

thanks!

heyday
08-14-2002, 05:12 PM
I had the same problem. The Mazingo directory has so many files under it that notes searches through every file which takes forever. I've tried a few work arounds that are out there but nothing worked. If I pulled my CF card out before I launched notes it was ok.. but I think you will like HPC notes.

heyday

dunneldeen
08-14-2002, 09:23 PM
I had the same problem. The Mazingo directory has so many files under it that notes searches through every file which takes forever. I've tried a few work arounds that are out there but nothing worked. If I pulled my CF card out before I launched notes it was ok.. but I think you will like HPC notes.

heyday

I know it's on the front page now and you may have already seen it, but it seems possibly relevant to your problem. Check out the Ignore_my_docs - very frustrating (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2863) thread.

Rod3
08-15-2002, 11:58 PM
Where is HPC notes? Handango? I know, do a search...... :oops:

Wes Salmon
08-16-2002, 06:41 PM
My notes app was painfully slow to load until I removed all the extra ring tones on my SD card. It was indexing every .wav file in the My Documents directory (and sub directories). Once I removed 'em, notes ran at a much more acceptable pace.