View Full Version : Sprint's Toshiba 2032

sprint
08-12-2002, 03:26 AM
:D :arrow: :painting:

Hello to everyone !

I am dreaming about Thera Toshiba 2032 .

I have replasement plan from Best Buy , couse I am using

Samsung I-300 , Sprint is carrier .

Question : When Sprint's Toshiba 2032 coming on sale in Best Buy ???

jornadaholic
08-12-2002, 06:14 AM
umm... i dont now when its commin to best buy (prob gonna have to wait for a wile it took them egleast two months to get the new pocket pc 2002 devices in) but im not 100% sure but isnt the thera made by audiovox not toshiba

also fyi if its a true pocket pc phone edition device the thera isnt a ppc pe device it uses a 3rd party dialer but its a good device from wut i hear personally im waitin for the jornada 928 to be released in north america

sprint
08-13-2002, 06:34 AM
:D :D :D

Almost for one year I am using the Samsung I-300 .

Most of AS use "3rd party dialer" FINGER DIAL www.fingerclick.com .

Its the best dialer for I-300 . And if Thera Toshiba 2032 will have

the same "3rd party dialer" I,ll say GOD BLESS THAT DIALER !

jdhill
08-13-2002, 04:44 PM
Almost for one year I am using the Samsung I-300 .

Most of AS use "3rd party dialer" FINGER DIAL www.fingerclick.com .

Its the best dialer for I-300 . And if Thera Toshiba 2032 will have

the same "3rd party dialer" I,ll say GOD BLESS THAT DIALER !
This dialer is for Palm OS based devices. The Toshiba 2032 is a Pocket PC based device. Unless the developer ports it over to the Pocket PC OS, it will not work on the Toshiba device.

sprint
08-13-2002, 05:39 PM
:D :lol: :o 8O

All I trying to say is : Some "3rd party dialers" better then real one's .

sprint
08-17-2002, 03:27 AM
My question was : When Thera come's to Best Buy ?

Dave Conger
08-17-2002, 07:47 AM
My question was : When Thera come's to Best Buy ?

The Thera is only available from Verizon. The Thera is part of the Audiovox line. It is the Audiovox Thera.

Let me break this down as I see it...
-Toshiba made the e570 which is also basically the Audiovox 1032 (or Maestro).
-Audiovox released the Audiovox 2032 (or Thera) which is out of the same formfactor as the e570 by Toshiba.
-Sprint said they would carry a Toshiba 2032. Since Verizon uses the Audiovox Thera, Sprint must use a "different device" which would be the Toshiba 2032 (though the Toshiba 2032 is actually an Audiovox 2032 or an Audiovox Thera).

sprint
08-17-2002, 10:09 AM
I know that , babe .

http://www.pcsvision.com/explore.html?128

:P :oops: :lol: 8) :arrow: I want to know ,-

When Sprint Toshiba 2032 coming to Best Buy ?

Dave Conger
08-17-2002, 06:57 PM
I want to know...when Sprint Toshiba 2032 coming to Best Buy ?

It is coming from Sprint. The Toshiba 2032 is a Sprint product. It won't necessarily be available at BestBuy. This is similar to the fact that, the Thera is a Verzion product, and is sold by Verzion.

Just a note...that though you said you knew everything in my last post, I though I might clarify that as the Toshiba will not be called the Thera (as you kept calling it). Thera is an Audiovox product name.

Janak Parekh
08-17-2002, 07:56 PM
It is coming from Sprint. The Toshiba 2032 is a Sprint product. It won't necessarily be available at BestBuy. This is similar to the fact that, the Thera is a Verzion product, and is sold by Verzion.
I believe Best Buy is a reseller of Sprint phones + service. As Dave implies, though, you won't see it in Best Buy before it's in Sprint stores.

In any case, if the unit is anything like Verizon's Thera it's not useful as a cell phone--its battery life is severely lacking (8 hours standby, up to 90 minutes talk-time). The ergonomics are weak as well, and the dialer has gotten worse reviews than the PPC Phone Edition. Consider it a better data-device than a voice-device...

--bdj

sprint
08-19-2002, 07:53 PM
Really , I do not care about battery life , I want to use the Theara or

Toshiba 2032 in my CAR . I am really tierd of Palm devices .

My qoestion is :

When Sprint's Toshiba 2032 coming on sale in Best Buy ???

Dave Conger
08-19-2002, 08:04 PM
My qoestion is : When Sprint's Toshiba 2032 coming on sale in Best Buy ???

We don't know that it is coming to BestBuy. If it is like the Thera, it will go to the CSP (cell service provider) and be available from them. Granted, BestBuy does sell Sprint products, that doesn't mean they will have it right off or even at all. If you want a Toshiba 2032, why don't you contact your local Sprint retailer about it. I don't know why you want it from Best Buy so bad, but since you do, have you contacted them?

sprint
08-19-2002, 08:21 PM
Probably , its good to be a philosopher , but what about answer to my

question . www.davespda.com did not answer to me ...