View Full Version : Toshiba e310 RAM upgrade

Jason Dunn
08-12-2002, 07:01 AM
<a href="http://www.pocketpctechs.com/e310up.asp">http://www.pocketpctechs.com/e310up.asp</a><br /><br />About 41 of you ordered the e310 through the Amazon affiliate links over the past few days, so I want to thank you for that. For those of you who wanted to get more than 32 megs of RAM in there, have I got some great news for you! PPC Techs, some of the most brilliant Pocket PC hardware guys around, have recently developed an upgrade for the e310 - you can get 64 megs of RAM ($129 upgrade) or even 128 megs of RAM ($279 upgrade) in that little thing! And if you use the code "pocketpcthoughts", you'll get $5 or $10 off (respectively).<br /><br />I've had several kinds of upgrades done by PPC Techs, and their workmanship is top-notch. I recommend them highly (no, there's no affiliate kickback here).

Liquidrice
08-12-2002, 07:11 AM
hope they can upgrade the xda (ppc phone) soon. 32megs is killing me. (ex jornada 568 owner)

usbnuts
08-12-2002, 07:35 AM
I wonder how much commission you make from each sales. Would you mind telling us? I would like to know how many I have to order to help you pay your bills... :D

Jason Dunn
08-12-2002, 02:45 PM
I wonder how much commission you make from each sales. Would you mind telling us? I would like to know how many I have to order to help you pay your bills... :D

I guess I shouldn't have added that wink - seriously, I make zero. They'll sometimes do free upgrades for me, but there's no money made by Thoughts when I link to them.

peterawest
08-12-2002, 03:07 PM
Jason,

You're right, they do good work. Before they merged I had my 3630 upgraded to 128MB by Times2Tech. Now that they have merged, I'm sure they're even better.

- Peter -

Jonathan1
08-12-2002, 04:50 PM
OK the ONLY thing holding me back from getting an 310 was RAM size. Holy $(*#(@!! 8O 128MB in that sucker!!! *passes out!*

pt
08-12-2002, 06:47 PM

as someone who runs a website (www.flashenabled.com/mobile) there is zero money in linking to anything, even affiliate stuff. it's nothing, nadda, zip. when this site has a pay model (which it will soon) show your support that way.

cheers,
pt

kaiden.1
08-12-2002, 08:02 PM
So can they upgrade the E-740 yet? I would jump on that in a heart beat!
How can we know the details of if/when the E-740 will be avail. for upgrades. IF the E-310 can be upgraded then the E-740 should be right around the corner huh?

Please post a reply!

Thanks!

usbnuts
08-12-2002, 09:48 PM
Jason Dunn and pt,

Sorry for not being clear. I was asking about Amazon commission. You said 42 or 41 people ordered the e310 from Amazon through your affiliate link. So, I was curious how much you can make from that. I hope you don't mind me asking.

I will order two, but they have to be sent to my friends at Seattle. When they come visit this weekend, they will bring my e310's to me.

Jason Dunn
08-12-2002, 10:14 PM
Sorry for not being clear. I was asking about Amazon commission. You said 42 or 41 people ordered the e310 from Amazon through your affiliate link. So, I was curious how much you can make from that. I hope you don't mind me asking.

Aha - sorry for the misunderstanding. I've always been very open with people here about money issues, so I don't mind you asking. Amazon.com has varying affiliate rates, but they cap it at $10 on electronics, regardless of the total. So, if all 41 of those devices ship, that will be $410. That is by far the most I've ever made off of any affiliate link, so I'm quite pleased about it. Everyone wins. :D I always get less than that over a while quarter, so affiliate sales are not something I can really count on - but it's nice when they work.

usbnuts
08-12-2002, 10:38 PM
I really want to help you. Since a lot of sites have CPU/RAM/Video Card pricewatch, do you think we could use a PDA/CF/SD PriceWatch? With the traffic you have, I'm convenient you can make couple thousands a month.

Would you be interested in such partnership?

Pls send me an email if you are interested... I have the programs necessary to do this.

Jason Dunn
08-12-2002, 11:14 PM
I really want to help you. Since a lot of sites have CPU/RAM/Video Card pricewatch, do you think we could use a PDA/CF/SD PriceWatch? With the traffic you have, I'm convenient you can make couple thousands a month.

That sounds like what Dealtime promised me - "a thousand bucks a week!". ;-) Reality: $147 in July from the Dealtime searches people performed.

But feel free to email me privately if you'd like to discuss this.

usbnuts
08-13-2002, 12:30 AM
Jason,

I sent you an private message. I hope you receveid it.

Anthony
08-13-2002, 01:34 AM
My 128mb SD card is good enough for now 8)

Dave Conger
08-13-2002, 03:44 AM
OK the ONLY thing holding me back from getting an 310 was RAM size. Holy $(*#(@!! 8O 128MB in that sucker!!! *passes out!*

That post says it all. With all the price drops on the e310, whooo, now that is one smoking little device.

LWesson
08-13-2002, 07:23 AM
hope they can upgrade the xda (ppc phone) soon. 32megs is killing me. (ex jornada 568 owner)

We are working on it. :-)

LWesson
08-13-2002, 07:24 AM

What's really cool on this system is that it is all usable by the memory manager!

LWesson
08-13-2002, 07:26 AM
So can they upgrade the E-740 yet? I would jump on that in a heart beat!
How can we know the details of if/when the E-740 will be avail. for upgrades. IF the E-310 can be upgraded then the E-740 should be right around the corner huh?

Around the corner. Yes. But a little further out. The XScale processor only supports 64MB per bank instead of 128MB per bank as the ARM does. There is a way around it, but we've got a little bit more work to do on it.

It will be announced on the homepage, when released.

hbcollins
08-13-2002, 03:48 PM
... would be a battery upgrade for the e310 to be installed at the same time as the 128M upgrade! Now, that would have Jason's affiliate link smokin', and I bet Amazon's stock price would tick up!!!

LWesson
08-13-2002, 06:40 PM
... would be a battery upgrade for the e310 to be installed at the same time as the 128M upgrade! Now, that would have Jason's affiliate link smokin', and I bet Amazon's stock price would tick up!!!

No such luck. We are looking into it though.