View Full Version : Backlight problem reappearing after ROM 1.2 update

renz
08-10-2002, 06:27 AM
Hi, I just installed the 1.2 ROM on my iPAQ 3850 (German) a few days ago and suddenly the backlight problem is back, in all itīs glory :cry:

I had the problem before, send it to Compaq, they fixed it, it worked. Then ROM 1.2 came out, supposently changing something to make the backlight even more stable so I installed it, but now I am back at square one.

Does anybody have an idea or experienced the same thing? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I did not talk to Compaq yet. Hopefully I donīt have to hard-reset again. This is becomming rediculus. :?

renz

sullivanpt
08-10-2002, 02:40 PM
Yup, me too. Here's compaq's response:
----------

Thank you for contacting Hp eServices Customer Support!

After carefully going over the issues that you are describing, the unit does not sound like it was repaired when it was sent to the repair facility, or the replaced part was actually bad. It could also be the other program or software that was loaded up causing the issues. To troubleshoot the issue, what I would recommend doing is performing a hard reset on the unit and do not install anything, no extra software. Test the unit out to see if it responds correctly. If it does, load each program one at a time back on the device, until the issue becomes noticeable. Once the issue becomes noticeable, remove the last installed software and see if you continue to have issues.

If the issue however is still there after performing a hard reset, you will need to call into our technical support and set up a repair. You can call 1-800-652-6672, options 3, 1 (enter a 10 digit phone number), 2 to do so.

If you need further assistance, please just reply!

Thank You,
Hp eServices

-------

So we can hard reset, throw out software that used to work, or go without the iPaq for a week again.

Personally, I've elected to go without the iPaq forever... :evil:

renz
08-10-2002, 04:03 PM
Now thatīs just great. If I only hadnīt bought all the nice accessories (like my new Vaja iVolution case, which is great!) Iīd aggree with giving another company a try, but now I feel stuck. Well, if the problem is persistent I will just send it back in to Compaq. They surely wonīt make any money with this unit. :evil: