View Full Version : pcmcia sled / sleave for e740

jconsole
08-09-2002, 03:53 PM
Does anybody know if there is a pcmcia sleave or a sled for the toshiba e740 ?

OR

a cf card for verizon 1xrtt service ?

thanks

Dave Beauvais
08-09-2002, 06:57 PM
Dale Coffing's review of the e550G (http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/toshiba/e550g/e550g-1.htm) at his Pocket PC Passion site shows a photo of a PC Card adapter with an internal battery. The caption under the photo says it's for the e740, but I've never seen this anywhere else. Also, the rest of the photos show the PC Card attachment on the e550G, not the e740. My gut says that the caption is incorrect, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Now that's certainly not to say such a thing doesn't exist; I just haven't seen it anywhere yet. (I'm still pretty new to the e740 world, having traded in my once-trusty Casio E-200 for an e740 only three days ago.)

--Dave

takotchi
08-11-2002, 06:42 AM
It's mislabelled. Just look at the size of it, and the sync connector. Wouldn't fit an e740. It doesn't have hooks either, and the e740 has the hook slots for accessories (the extended battery)

There are adapters that are CompactFlash-to-PC Card. You can buy one of those for about $25 I think. Kind of difficult to use though, since it doesn't really attach or anything. It's just an adapter, too, like the sled for the Jornada PPCs, it's not a whole new slot... but that's the only option as far as I know.