View Full Version : "Extra Digit" Dialing for Office Voice Mail

charlynu
08-07-2002, 10:57 PM
I'm now the proud and happy owner of the T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone, using Voicestream. On my "old" T39 Sony-Ericsson, there was a way to configure the dialing instructions for my office voice mail so that, once my call into voice mail was answered, my T39 automatically dialed the password and other "code numbers" to take me right to my messages. Similarly, I understand that the Handspring Treo has a similar function, but it requires, after the call is completed, to push an "extra digits" button on the screen that then dialed the password/further "code numbers."

Is there a way to "get" my T-Mobile phone to dial these additional numbers automatically or with a single, additional button push?

Thanks.

Charlie

bcaslis
08-08-2002, 01:29 AM
Yes, I'm doing that with voicemail on my T-Mobile. You can use "p" as a one second pause. So my number for dialing my work voicemail is (phone number here)pp(voicemail box number here)pp(password here).

Works great for me!

charlynu
08-09-2002, 06:25 PM
bcaslis, your suggestion worked like a charm.

Thanks, again.

Charlie

blackout
08-09-2002, 07:16 PM
this is embarrassing. i didn't even know that you could type a p and get a pause. the phone application did not read the pause from my sim card correctly and inserted an "a" instead of a "p". no for the big question. my voicemail system uses the # and * tones as well. entering in "#" actually does nothing. the phone app doesn't save it. any clues folks?

bcaslis
08-09-2002, 07:50 PM
I don't know about pressing the # in the phone app, but for my voicemail I need the # character also. I just have this in the string for the phone number in my contact. I have the speed dial import that contact and it works fine for me. So although I haven't tested the # in the phone app itself, I know it works for a speed dial listing.