View Full Version : ActiveSync disconnects? Wassup wit dat?

Evee Ev
08-06-2002, 02:39 PM
I'm relatively new to the iPAQ experience and I'm having a problem with Active Sync disconnecting after it finishes syncing. I've done the following to make sure the settings (as far as I know) are correct.

1. From ActiveSync I've gone to Options, and I have the first option chosen under Sync Mode "Continously while devise is connected".

and..

2. In Connection Settings, I have the option to connect for USB and RAS.

I think that's it...any suggestions?

E.

Jason Dunn
08-06-2002, 02:41 PM
Check the ActiveSync options on your Pocket PC - you may have told it to disconnect once it finished synching.

Evee Ev
08-06-2002, 03:28 PM
hmm...I went to ActiveSync on the PPC and then to Tools and everything is chosen as an option (Enable sync..., Include PC..., Automatically after...) I have manually synchronizing not checked off. It was disconnecting while this option was chosen before.

Evee Ev
08-08-2002, 03:30 PM
Is this happening with anyone? I'm still having the same problems. I can't only get AcitveSync connected if I have unresolved items in my Sync folder, which is another can of worms...

thanks.

JoeMoon
08-24-2002, 09:27 AM
I too have been having trouble with ActiveStink... Here is what I have been able to determine...

1) The USB port on my HP notebook sucks. I have had some better results with a different USB port, but still experience Sync drop offs.

2) It all to often "thinks" my IPAQ is completely unsync'd and wants to do a massive merge... I have been forced to overwrite my least likely out of date database

I never had these issues when I sync'd with my desktop, or previous notebook. I am convinced that is my lousy HP notebook...

I am about to sell off the HP notebook and start over and at the same time upgrade my IPAQ to 2002 OS... Hopefully the problem will go away!

Joe...

christak
08-24-2002, 05:49 PM
I don't have a real problem with this, but I have had my PC disconnect from my new 3950 (while my 3950 still thinks it's sync'd). Strange -- only occurred about 2 or 3 times in the last month or more. It works fine if I physically remove the sync cable (or cradle) and reinsert. Never happened twice in a row... Always the PC disconnecting -- the iPAQ has never done it.

BTW, I have never had this problem with my 3630 in more than 2 years...