View Full Version : My SD CARD doesn't like me!!!!?

CoreyJF
08-05-2002, 07:18 PM
I have an ipaq 3835. I have installed the 29 Jul 02 ROM update and reienstalled the iPAQ Pocket PC 2002 End User Update (EUU) Thought that would resolve SD card issues. All WMF's audio and or video get stuck on the SD card. I have to move the slider past the point it is stuck out for it to continue to play? To test if the file was somehow corrupted I took a Compact flash card moved the video right from the SD card to the compact Flash and it plays the whole video with out getting stuck on the CF card. Is the problem my IPAQ, SD card, PPC2002 OS or a maliceous ghost in the machine????

David McNamee
08-05-2002, 07:21 PM
What brand of SD card are you using?

CoreyJF
08-05-2002, 07:29 PM
Sandisk 128 meg

David McNamee
08-05-2002, 11:14 PM
There have been a number of complaints from my fellow Toshiba e740 owners about the quality of the SanDisk SD cards. Do you have another device with which you can test the SD card?

Also, did the card work doing the same tasks before you upgraded your iPaq?

CoreyJF
08-06-2002, 12:17 AM
I don't have another device that can read sd cards. I can store information fine just hangs on WMF's My old Ipaq didn't have a sd slot

foldedspace
08-07-2002, 03:35 AM
I had a lot of problems with my SanDisk 128mb card. I use an Audiovox Maestro and eventually sent it back. It would want to be reformatted every couple of weeks...programs I installed on it stopped working after a while...songs became corrupted. I'm hoping I have more luck with my Lexar 128mb SD card.

jdhill
08-09-2002, 04:43 AM
Sandisk cards seem to have more than their share of compatibility problems. I sent back two different 64 MB Sandisk SD cards. Neither card worked correctly in two different Casio E-200s.

I don't buy Sandisk SD cards any longer. My advice, return the Sandisk SD card and go with another brand. I'm using Panasonic SD cards now and they work fine in the Casio E-200.

sullivanpt
08-10-2002, 03:55 PM
I don't know. So far with the SD/MMC format I'm batting a 0.

I use them for Mazingo and Media Player content on my (soon to be thrown in the trash) iPaq.

My first card was a Lexan 32MB MMC. I had to reformat it once per week; as it lost free space during usage. But it was workable. This card went to the bit bucket in the sky because of the iPaq's over-zealous push-to-eject feature. A fellow commuter on the train brushed up against the iPaq and the card jettisoned - never to be seen again. 8O

Next was a SanDisk 256MB SD. This card was worse, as files would become corrupt within the day. Reformatting the card recovered the space but problems lurked within the media surface; as the XP Disk Verify Tool confirmed many bad blocks. Last night, the card gave up the ghost. :cry: It can no longer be read or formatted in either my iPaq or PC.

The $40 MMC card lasted 3 months. The $130 SD card 3 weeks.

So far my experience with the SD/MMC format is akin to kicking myself in the head!