View Full Version : Sorta Wireless - Infra-red port location

ECOslin
07-31-2002, 12:20 PM
I recently acquired a PPC Cassiopeia E105, which I intend to upgrade to CE 3.0 thru a rom upgrade(which is off-topic).

I’ve been peering thru available software variously compatible with my PDA and I noticed the WinCe IR remote control software.

My Casio E105 has the ir port 1” from the bottom on the left hand side, which makes little sense to me, as if I had been asked, I would have put it at the top. I can imagine awkwardly aiming the left side at a TV or exchanging data with someone else using IR, but having to turn the thing to the side to do it.

My questions are, how well has your experience with TV remote software, and where is your PDA’s IR port located?

Edward

Jason Dunn
07-31-2002, 02:09 PM
Most Pocket PC 2002 devices (if not all) have the IR ports at the top. The side IR ports were rather short sighted, as you're discovering...

ECOslin
08-05-2002, 10:04 PM
I've been playing with remote software, only for CE2.11 for now. My Cassiopeia E105 can function as a learning remote. Just like a Zima Sur-20 Universal remote. The plus is that it will take more programmed commands.
The screen goes landscape and 90 degrees to the left to where the IR port is to the front.

This type of thing could be a big reason to re-use your old pda.

Anyone pretended to innocently take notes at a meeting while changing channels on the conference room Tv?

Edward

Kaber
08-12-2002, 07:40 PM
Ultramote (http://www.ultramote.com) is my favorite. I make a new location and device for every remote control I come across. Having a Proxima or Polycom remote control comes in handy more than you'd think. :twisted:

ECOslin
08-13-2002, 02:11 AM
Ultramote sounds neat,

Design your own skins and move the buttons around.

Edward