View Full Version : Toshiba Pc Card Hard Drive for $99

gmelfissg
07-17-2002, 10:35 PM
Tiger Direct is having a sale: 99$ for an toshiba 2gig pc card hard drive.

Couple that with a cf to pc card adapter from semsons at 25$ and you get a 2 gig hd for any pocket pc. Good for mp3's and videos.

Does anyones knows the battery life burden of a pc card hd on a pocket pc battery ?

Giuseppe :lol:

Dave Conger
07-18-2002, 02:51 AM
The PC Card hard drive uses quite a bit of battery life. I believe that it was posted on the PPC newsgroups that it takes the life down to about 90 minutes (with the screen on).

That price is really a great price on that drive, TigerDirect has had them for that cheap for a while (I posted a link a while back about it). I have talked to some people who have bought from them and they all have been very satisfied with the purchase.

Thinkingmandavid
07-18-2002, 01:57 PM
I think it would be good to get it. It may use a lot of battery life if you leave it plugged in and are not using it, so plug it in when you are ready to transfer info and the like. Of course if you have a power source while you plug it in it then you will be ok. It does sounds as if it would be handy on trips and when you have used a lot of your memory on your PPC and you want to open up memory space.