View Full Version : News features offered by MSN 8

Jason Dunn
07-17-2002, 06:00 PM
<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/msn/MSN8featuresheet.asp">http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/msn/MSN8featuresheet.asp</a><br /><br />It seems like an eternity ago that MSN was an online service that was gearing up to take on AOL. There was a desktop client, various services, and a monthly fee. That all seemed to go "poof" when they switched to a web-based offering. MSN Explorer looks like it was a step in that direction again, and MSN 8 is aiming straight at the heart of AOL - and based on the feature list I'm seeing, they might make a dent this time. What Thoughts reader Paul pointed out, however, was this interesting bit of info:<br /><br />"IntelliSync for MSN. MSN Mail users can synchronize appointments, contacts, tasks and notes with personal information managers such as PDA devices (including Pocket PCs or Palm OS-based handheld devices) and Microsoft Outlook."<br /><br />Sounds pretty cool! The other features sound quite compelling as well - but it all depends on the monthly costs for those of us that already have an ISP.

Bob S
07-17-2002, 06:44 PM
You can already see some of this philosophy with mappoint@msn
Driving directions downloaded right to your PocketPC

lbcox
07-17-2002, 07:58 PM
I'm not sure I can get all pumped up about MSN 8 and the feature set it brings when the service isn't all that great. My former ISP handed me off to MSN about 8 months ago and the service has been lousy. I don't know if it's because they are having growing pains or what, but until they get that done.... :x

adamz
07-18-2002, 12:05 AM
Hmmm, it says page not found. Did they remove this?

Jason Dunn
07-18-2002, 05:40 AM
Hmmm, it says page not found. Did they remove this?

Yup, they must have. It said "NDA" at the top, but I figured that since it was on a public site with no password protection, that must have been a mistake. Oops. :roll:

jdhill
07-18-2002, 04:56 PM
Well, you could always get it from your browser cache and post it.

But then you'd have Microsoft's lawyers after you too !!! Never mind, it's bad enough that you have Palm's lawyers on your case. :wink: