View Full Version : HP posts EUU2 from Microsoft

Ed Hansberry
07-13-2002, 06:36 PM
<a href="http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/swindex.pl?p=hpjornada563928&amp;l=en&amp;c=PocketPC2002">http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/swindex.pl?p=hpjornada563928&amp;l=en&amp;c=PocketPC2002</a><br /><br />Same song, second verse. Be sure you have the HP Jornada 56x firmware update in place before you do this. You may have done this back in February if you had installed EUU1. The firmware is available <a href="http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/swindex.pl?p=hpjornada563928&l=en&c=Firmware ">from HP's web site</a> and if I recall correctly, the firmware update will go much smoother if you temporarily empty your HP Safe Store.<br /><br />Someone shoot us the links if you find EUU2 for the Toshiba, NEC, LOOX or any other Pocket PC 2002 device and we'll post them here. Thanks!

jornadaholic
07-13-2002, 08:00 PM
wow! im surprised at HP for releasing the rom update seeing as how they were supposed to immeadiatly kill off the jornada

Sven Johannsen
07-13-2002, 08:05 PM
This is an MS Rom Update. Each manufacturer is expected to verify the integity on their particular device and provide it to their customers. Can you imagine the outcry if HP had posted it for the iPAQ and all the other PPC2002 providers posted it for their machines and Jornada users were left out.

mhowie
07-14-2002, 03:45 PM
Has anyone gotten the "560 retail" version to work on a 567?

Just curious,

Ed Hansberry
07-14-2002, 06:01 PM
Has anyone gotten the "560 retail" version to work on a 567?
Have you *not* been able to get it to work? There is no reason it shouldn't unless you haven't installed the firmware update.

mhowie
07-14-2002, 08:20 PM
I have not attempted, but have read at least one post in another forum suggesting this is the case. If you will recall, or perhaps you were not a Jornada user when the first update was available, the 567 release trailed the 568 by a couple of days. The HP website states "560", implying it is valid for all 56x units.

Thanks,

thenikjones
07-14-2002, 11:21 PM
I have recently bought a 2nd hand Jornada 568, and am pretty happy with it (upgraded from a 545). Are the firmware and EUU2 upgrades neccessary? I don't do any networking or wireless stuff. There is also a "Media Player Button Fix" - is there anywhere that explains what these 3 items do?

TIA for any help you can give me.

Ed Hansberry
07-15-2002, 01:59 AM
The firmware update is necessary for the EUUx updates to work. The EUUx updates clearly lay out what the fixes are. If none of those apply to you, then you shouldn't do it.

mpattman
07-15-2002, 09:14 AM
Hi,

On the compaq site I noticed that there is a new version of the "iPAQ Pocket PC 2002 Update 1 (EUU1)" - Version 2.00 (9 Jul 02).

http://www.compaq.com/support/files/handheldipaq/us/download/15068.html

Looks like it has the same fixes as in the HP one for EUU2

draiken
07-16-2002, 01:44 AM
I tried the EEUU2 on my 567, but it says the firmware is not there...

I applied the firmware about two months ago when I got this replacement
then applied the EEUU1... but now EEUU2 says the firmware is not there... if I try to re-install the firmware, it won't let me... it says the file does not correspond to my device...

Any Ideas???

Ed Hansberry
07-16-2002, 02:12 AM
A few things to try - soft reset before installing. If that fails, empty your HP Safe Store. If that fails, I'd call HP and ask them.

Rune
07-16-2002, 05:14 AM
Yea, I just got my 567 (new out of the box)last week and tried to install the firmware but the message says ""The firmware update files is not valid for your device. Please delete this file." I did a soft reset to no avail and yes, the rom update won't load unless you have the firmware installed. HP didn't have any idea what the problem was this afternoon.
They had me check a "s/n" that is evident by tapping on the "sunburst" in the Backlight menu under Setttings, system. When this is tapped the words next to the lightbulb "Backlight (on battery power)" change to an eight digit number. Mine was "0 11 7 2002"-Supposedly this showed that I didn't need the firmware update. But still not able to install the ROM update.
Anyway, no problems so far so I'm not going to worry about it. Love this device. UPgraded from the 548.
:!: :?: