View Full Version : Ok, it's not quite the last ten new posts

Jason Dunn
07-09-2002, 03:39 PM
...but it makes things a little easier. I've added a link in the top navigation bar called "New Posts". This will connect you to the "Show all posts since I last visited" feature of phpBB. You'll have to be logged in and cookied for this to work, but it saves a few clicks. Thanks to those who suggested it! I also cleaned up the navigation to the "dead" sections of the site, and removed the bottom navigation (don't worry, bottom nav will come back with the new template).

FredMurphy
07-09-2002, 03:53 PM
That link has already been in my favourites for quite a while. :)

Fred

Jeff Rutledge
07-09-2002, 04:10 PM
I like it!

Busdriver
07-09-2002, 04:14 PM
Are you planning to bring back the links page?

Jonathon Watkins
07-09-2002, 04:19 PM
:D
Thanks, nice start towards the evenual goal of 'Most recent 30 posts' :wink:

Seriously - it's usefull to have. Ta.

JonnoB
07-09-2002, 04:49 PM
One of the features of the forums that annoys me is the notification of new messages. If I only want to get notified if someone replies to my message. It works... but if someone leaves a subject line blank, I get those notifications as well. A bug or correct implementation?

Jason Dunn
07-09-2002, 05:05 PM
Are you planning to bring back the links page?

Absolutely - I have someone working on a script that will make the links page much more useful.

I only removed the "dead" links that didn't have any content (well, I left one up), but that doesn't mean they won't be coming back in the new template. :-)

Jason Dunn
07-09-2002, 05:06 PM
One of the features of the forums that annoys me is the notification of new messages. If I only want to get notified if someone replies to my message. It works... but if someone leaves a subject line blank, I get those notifications as well. A bug or correct implementation?

I think you may be misunderstanding this feature a little - it sends you notifications when someone reasponds to the THREAD, not just your message. :D

Ed Hansberry
07-09-2002, 05:33 PM
Great start on the last 10 type feature!

Steven Cedrone
07-14-2002, 04:36 PM
I think the "new posts" selection on the main page is broken......It says there are 2 matches, but it doesn't show anything???????

If this is not on the list of things to look at, you may want to add it......

Update: every time I use the "new posts" link, I seem to get different results. This is weird. Am I missing something??????

Ed Hansberry
07-14-2002, 06:05 PM
I think the "new posts" selection on the main page is broken......It says there are 2 matches, but it doesn't show anything???????
I've had that happen a few times too. :| Consider it a work in progress. :D

Jason Dunn
07-15-2002, 04:34 AM

Those are "future" posts that we've created - they show as results, but not as posts you can read. :-)

There are a few other glitches we need to work out - ultimately Chris is going to completely re-work how phpBB keeps track of read posts, because the current method sucks. :wink: