View Full Version : o2 XDA

eadam
07-07-2002, 12:20 PM
...new to Pocket PC Thoughts... is there an o2 XDA area?
If not, is there any interest in having one, and how do you go about it?

More specifically...
(1) I'm having trouble syncing the XDA with my Outlook Contacts, or in fact syncing it with my PC at all (with the exception of file system transfers).
I'm using Windows 2000, Outlook 2002 and ActiveSync 3.5 (as supplied).
It says its attempting to find differences (or something like that) then fails at the end reporting something along the lines of "Outlook is unable to open the Contact folder" ... not sure whether its refering to on the XDA or Outlook, as both work on their own systems.

Anyone offer any thoughts?

(2) I'm now trying to do it on another PC (with Windows ME)... I need to get hold of the appropriate driver... anyone know what driver I need or where i might find it?

Jason Dunn
07-08-2002, 12:00 AM
Right now the "Other" Pocket PC area is the best area for hardware-specific questions. For software questions, I suggest the general SOFTWARE forum.

Jason Dunn
07-08-2002, 12:02 AM
To answer your questions...

1) It sounds like you may have a partially corrupt PST folder (the Outlook data folder). Do a search on your computer for the program scanpst.exe, then run it against your PST file. Go to www.pocketpc.com and click on DOWNLOADS and get the newest version of ActiveSync and install that. Reboot, then try to re-sync again.

2) You'd need to install ActiveSync on that PC (that has the device USB driver)

eadam
07-09-2002, 10:36 AM
Thanks Jason... your idea tipped me off.... the PST file was in fact missing entirely... the reason... the laptop I use is connected in a work environment and so all contacts, email, etc, etc are stored on the server... there is no local PST file. ActiveSync presumably required this file on the local machine to allow it to synchronize.

The soloution...
Change the mail setup to ensure a PST file is located on the local machine;
OUTLOOK: Tools > Email Accounts > Next >
... and then change "Deliver new e-mail to the following location:" to read "Personal Folders".

Hope that helps anyone else who might come across the problem.
The o2 support people have been extremely helpful, but after five days we still hadn't worked out the issue.

All done... with a few oddities still to work out, the XDA is fantastic!!

SO THANKS :P
Adam

Jason Dunn
07-09-2002, 02:17 PM
Glad I could help! Another day, another satisfied customer... :wink: