View Full Version : FINALLY - A FIX FOR THE NEW CF EXPANSION PLUS SLEEVE PROBLEM

pradike
07-05-2002, 08:26 PM
:lol:

FINALLY....THERE APPEARS TO BE A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEMS EVERYONE IS HAVING WITH THE NEW CF EXPANSION PLUS SLEEVES!!!

While the sleeve itself is great, and the added power from the expansion battery is most useful, the lockup and wavy-line screen problems have been nerve-racking. I've had to hard-reset twice and restore my Ipaq from my backup as well.

NOW THERE APPEARS TO BE A "CURE"

Thanks to some homework from another Ipaq user, we have the following info. Please note that I have already tried this for several days, and all problems have gone away!

Here is the post & info:

06-27-2002 01:50 PM RobbQ [ ] PocketNow
Offline Registered: Jun 2002

I have had my CF plus expansion pack for 4 days now. In the first few days I had 1 lockup which required a hard reset and 3 hard resets done by my iPAQ "automatically." I called Compaq last night. A very helpful tech, who put me on hold 3 times, came back and said this was a known problem and gave me a temporary fix.

He said that a file on the cd that came with the expansion pack causes this. The file HH_dm.exe has to do with displaying a warning about low battery level but you can live without it. They will have a permanent fix on their website "soon."

The solution is to use file explorer to find the file HH_dm.exe in the mydevice\windows\ directory, rename it to anything else and then delete it. I have been using my iPAQ for one day, testing it with multiple resets and on/off cycles with no problems...so far.Last edited by RobbQ on 06-28-2002 at 11:39 AM

:lol: HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!!!