View Full Version : vbar / wisbar question

justBe
07-04-2002, 05:53 PM
im using vbar or wisbar and im having some question about them:

when you dont use none of them, no matter where you are you always have the x button to close the windows till you get in to the Today windows, but when you turn on vbar or wisbar it stops displaying this button when you dont have any app open no matter in which window you are (programs, games, config)...

i was checking all of the programs options and i cant find anything to enable the close button till i get to the today screen, any sugestions?

thanks people! Pocket PC Thoughts rulz! :twisted:

Rod3
07-04-2002, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure I understand the problem, but I don't think that "x" really closes anything, it just minimizes it. That's why I use WisBar. The WisBar options allows me to close anything with a tap.
Is this what you're talking about or am I way off here? :?

Jason Dunn
07-04-2002, 11:06 PM
Rod3 is correct. The "X" is fake - it doesn't actually close anything. That's why WISBar and vBar are so popular - they give you a real close function.

justBe
07-05-2002, 06:05 PM
i know that the "x" doesnt close the apps... :)

but when youre just minimizing apps (without vbar or wisbar installed) if you keep on tapping on the x youve always get to the today screen....

if you have vbar or wisbar installed (and for example if you open the programs window) and then started to open lost of programs... when you start to close them... the x will dissapear on the last openned folder (this case is programs) , theres no direct way to go to the today screen (you have to go to the menu then tap on today)...

thats what im looking for, i mean, i like wisbar / vbar a lot! :) i just want that feature too, i looked everywhere and theres nothing to enable this !:( please help!

(pls forgive my baaad english :( im from latam)

Rod3
07-05-2002, 06:13 PM
Perhaps if you tap on the "start" icon, you can get to today? Just a thought.
I know that "today" is at the top of my start menu. I think that's going to be your best bet.

Rod3
07-05-2002, 06:16 PM
I think I'm still confused by what you want; you want the "today" icon on the WisBar? It's there; just tap on it and you will get there. Is this what you mean? I always skin my wisbar, but the today icon is there whether or not I skin it. I may not be understanding your problem, but I'm willing to try! :?

justBe
07-05-2002, 10:06 PM
no worries, i think ill post some pics to give a clear idea, my english is not that good to explain it the right way i guess! :) wait for me, ill post some screenshots tomorrow! :oops:

dcharles18
07-06-2002, 06:22 AM
I think I know what you're talking about. If you have added a folder to the start menu, once you have opened it there is no longer an "X" to close that folder and return to the today page, correct? I have only found this to be a problem with created folders, not with the existing Games or Programs Folders. The way I get around this is that I have enabled the "Today" icon and tap this to return to the today page. If you do not wish to do this your other option is Start-Today like Rod3 said.

justBe
07-06-2002, 01:26 PM
thats exactly what im saying! but it doesnt happend on folders i create, it happens on the programs folder and the game folder also!

but ill try you sugestion! thanks!

dcharles18
07-06-2002, 07:13 PM
thats exactly what im saying! but it doesnt happend on folders i create, it happens on the programs folder and the game folder also!

but ill try you sugestion! thanks!

Hmmm, that's odd. Are you using the latest version? Check Pelmarinc's web site to make sure that you have version 1.1.0 Final.

ironguy
07-08-2002, 04:02 PM
In WISbar, the pelmar incarnation, you have the option to have the Today page show up every time you close an application. It's under the "options(2)" page of WIS options. I'm not sure if this works with folders or just applications.

There's also the Today icon that's in the WIS bar that takes you to the Today page simply by tapping.