View Full Version : HP Jornada 567 for $429 US

Jason Dunn
07-01-2002, 06:00 PM
<a href="http://www.dreampages.com?aff=pocketpcthoughts&amp;page=hewjor567col.html">http://www.dreampages.com?aff=pocketpcthoughts&amp;page=hewjor567col.html</a><br /><br />As we all knew would happen, now that the Jornada is being discontinued, we're starting to see some excellent deals on them. $429 for a 64 meg Pocket PC 2002 device? Excellent! DreamPages, one of our affiliate partners, has <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1951">posted a message in the Hot Deals forum</a> that caught my attention:<br /><br />"Here's a deal for the upcoming July 4th holiday. Purchase the HP Jornada 567 64MB Color Pocket PC that we have on sale for $479.95 (regular price $579.95) and enter the coupon code "<b>jornada50</b>" (without quotes) and get an additional $50 off making your cost $429.95."

Foo Fighter
07-01-2002, 06:03 PM
The price is certainly attractive, but with all the dust problems...who would want one? 8O

Jason Dunn
07-01-2002, 06:35 PM
The price is certainly attractive, but with all the dust problems...who would want one? 8O

As long as HP is willing to honour the warranty, who cares? :-) My newer Jornada seems much more "dust resistant" than my first unit.

dreampages
07-01-2002, 08:10 PM
I've received several calls and emails on this. These ARE brand new, factory sealed. They are not returns or refurbished units. They are just overstock. All are brand new and come with the full 1 year manufacturer warranty from HP.

Larry

Jonathan1
07-01-2002, 08:46 PM
I bought a 568 the day they came out. It had dust. HP sent me a new 568. That was in late November. Since then not a single speck of disk.
I think the dust issue was resolved late last year.

atsouch
07-01-2002, 09:03 PM
Larry, can you ship to Greece?

Last year there was an export restriction for Pocket PCs. Which I cannot understand since they are not made in USA, they are imported and they also sold everywhere in the world. Perhaps the big companies are trying to protect their pricing policy.

Best price for Jornada 568 in Greece is $885. It's a real bargain!

dreampages
07-01-2002, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately we cannot ship outside of the US per our signed agreements with HP. Same with Compaq, Casio, and Palm. They made us sign non-export restrictions to be authorized.

Larry

Skoobouy
07-02-2002, 05:36 AM
Drat! I paid $460 for mine. I overspent. :) Heheh.

Seriously, the Jornada 560 series _is_ the best Pocket PC--or at the very least it competes well with the Toshiba e310. Depends on the tradeoff you want: good music listening or thinnest formfactor?

I continue to maintain that the iPaq 3800 series is a joke. It's got that worthless screen-flip thing that's slowing the benchmarks, lacks built-in CF, has lots of other QC problems, is the relatively largest Pocket PC next to the Cassiopeia _unsleeved_, and worst of all, is irritatingly popular. Urgh! :)

Paul Martin
07-02-2002, 05:52 AM
Thanks Larry. :D I placed my order this afternoon. I've been reading PocketPCThoughts for over a year, waiting to upgrade my Nino to a Pocket PC. This afternoon, I took the plunge and ordered the 567. At last, I can try some of the software I've been reading about. :wink:

Paul