View Full Version : what are those apps that run when ipaq starts!?

justBe
06-28-2002, 03:45 PM
i found several programs are launched when the windows ce starts, programs like flashman, hh and others.

anyone can give me some light what are those for? can them be disabled?

spursdude
06-29-2002, 06:37 AM
1. i have no idea what those programs are.

2. here's how to disable them (although, going into system settings isn't always the best idea. backup first, or cut and paste the files you will delete and move them some place safe.)

in file explorer, go to my device>windows>startup. in that folder are the things that startup with your ipaq. to get rid of it, cut and paste the file somewhere else (for safekeeping).

dcharles18
07-06-2002, 06:37 AM
i found several programs are launched when the windows ce starts, programs like flashman, hh and others.

anyone can give me some light what are those for? can them be disabled?

I've often wondered this myself. Why would you want to disable something if you're not sure what it does?

justBe
07-06-2002, 10:25 PM
sometimes there are many useless stuff running and you usually try to get the best performance of your bug (like i call my ipaq, well in spanish is my "bicho" 8) )...

i put them out of the start folder and everythings seems to work fine :( no problems yet, im still wondering why those programs are there :( battery optimizations? maybe?

;)