View Full Version : Why I am here

Andy Sjostrom
06-26-2002, 03:56 PM
I am fascinated by mobility, new mobile devices and software running on them. When I get a new product, I am all thrilled and enjoy the feeling of being right on the edge. I simply love that feeling! Recently, I have been put in touch with the darker side of being right on the edge. Take Joey, for example! I hate the feeling of knowing that it will take too long before the coolest products are really wideley available and before my friends and family will understand what it is all about. Frustration in its purest form.

The Xscale disappointments also represent the negative in being in front. Hype rarely delivers. When will I get that? But here is my bottom line:

Would I rather not have a Joey? No.
Would I rather see Xscale devices delayed until next year, or the year after that? No.
I can live with delayed shipping schedules as well as with products that eventually will be improved, as long as I can stay on the edge!

Living on the edge is scary. Sometimes it's just so much fun, sometimes it's just plain frustrating. This is why I am here.

Don Sorcinelli
06-26-2002, 04:16 PM
Andy,

You've summarized quite eloquently in a few short words what I have struggled to make people understand for many months. As someone who uses, presents, develops for and champions all of this "bleeding edge" technology, I say thank you for summing it all up.

Now, if I can only memorize this... :wink:

Andy Sjostrom
06-26-2002, 04:36 PM
You are welcome! :wink:

Foo Fighter
06-26-2002, 05:30 PM
Why I am here: ......Uh......well........Hmm.......

Scott R
06-26-2002, 06:17 PM
I can live with delayed shipping schedules as well as with products that eventually will be improved, as long as I can stay on the edge!
I think the concern that many have about the XScale is that there has been no concrete statement made that anything will improve. For many, they're afraid that they could end up with something which will be slower at many tasks than the current crop of PDAs.

Scott