View Full Version : Sync your Pocket PC with your Mac - finally!

Jason Dunn
06-26-2002, 07:59 AM
<a href="http://www.pocketmac.net">http://www.pocketmac.net</a><br /><br />Well, the day has finally come: you can sync your Pocket PC with Entourage, the Mac version of Outlook. This app has been under development for a long time, so it's nice to see it finally being released. I just hope there are enough of you Mac users out there to support the people who created this app. Spread the word...and someone feel free to write a review - I'd be happy to publish it for you.<br /><br />"PocketMac Professional Edition is the premier Mac to Pocket PC sync software! It allows you to connect your Pocket PC to your Mac via USB or TCP/IP (Ethernet, AirPort, 802.11b, etc.). The Professional Edition does all of the Regular Edition features plus you can then synchronize your Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks between the Pocket PC and Entourage/Exchange Server 2000. Synchronize Pocket PC data such as Contacts, Calendar, Tasks with Macintosh software such as Microsoft Entourage, Microsoft Exchange Server 20002, and others..."

ricktakagi
06-26-2002, 08:18 AM
I have been a mac user for years and would love to use my Ipaq or new Toshiba e740 with Mac office. My only problem with the new software is that it's 70.00 bucks, no demo and no refunds. I would buy it if I could spare 70.00 bucks but I can't so I'm going to pass on this for a while.

This leads me to another question...why in the world hasn't MS built a conduit for the PPC and the Mac or even included one when you bought Office? They'll support Palm with a new conduit but not their own product? I don't get it.

I even wrote PocketMac telling them that I would love to demo the product at Microsoft for our PocketPC user group, but no response. I'll be curious to know how others like it.

Rick T.

XmanHP548
06-26-2002, 12:28 PM
I have bought PocketMac Pro to try on my Jornada 548 and have had several problems with getting connected. There are also reports on the PocketMac forum about many other folks having similar issues.

I think they released this a little bit too early. I got a note from the Company Rep. who told me that they are going to try to release an updated version in July that actually works.

So, although it looks promising, you may not want to shellout $70.00 yet.

Sincerly,
-A Happy PowerMac user, but a slightly "put out" PocketMac user :?

klinux
08-12-2002, 10:36 PM
Any other Mac sync programs out there, especially one with a demo version?

Thanks!

ricktakagi
08-12-2002, 11:17 PM
I don' think there are any other solutions yet. I hope one will be developed in the near future. I would like to switch full time to a new G4 but hesitate because of the lack of a good sync program for my PPC.