View Full Version : pocketnow.com reviews the NexiCam

Jason Dunn
06-25-2002, 09:00 PM
<a href="http://reviews.pocketnow.com/content.cgi?db=reviews&id=261">http://reviews.pocketnow.com/content.cgi?db=reviews&id=261</a><br /><br />Brandon, a News Editor for pocketnow.com (must be like Madonna - only one name needed!) takes the Nexian NexiCam for a spin and has some mixed feelings about it. The photos are about what I'd expect, though I was a little surprised they looked worse than the HP camera images I've seen. The video looked better than I thought - so it's a mixed bag all around. It's a very innovative accessory, even if the image quality is lacking - check out the review for the whole scoop.<br /><br />"Digital cameras are becoming cheaper (in price) and better (in image quality) everyday. They are (usually) easy to use, have beautiful picture quality, are great to use for reviews (such as this one), and are becoming relatively cheap as higher resolution models come onto the stage. Now enter Nexian's NexiCam, a camera made exclusively for the HP iPAQ, touting to have been "Designed for superior picture quality with high resolution (800x600 [24 bit] SVGA color)". Does this camera live up to its claim? Let's find out..."

Skoobouy
06-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Meh. I wonder, are there any development about the Pretec 1.3 megapixel camera that's supposed to come out? It's been announced for a long time now--let's see some action!

Sven Johannsen
06-25-2002, 10:06 PM
Maybe soon. Handheld Canada is taking orders.

....Link removed by Sven, so you can only order via Jason's affiliate link below :) ... I figure I can do that to my own post :P

Haven't seen any other merchants listing it yet, though.

Jason Dunn
06-25-2002, 11:02 PM
Maybe soon. Handheld Canada is taking orders.

And if you want to order it with the affiliate link:

http://www.handheldcanada.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=H&Product_Code=PR0024&Affiliate=ppcthoughts

:D

Skoobouy
06-26-2002, 08:03 AM
How does Handheld Canada handle U.S. orders? How do I know what price I'm actually spending?

Jason Dunn
06-26-2002, 03:39 PM
How does Handheld Canada handle U.S. orders? How do I know what price I'm actually spending?

I'm 99% sure HandheldCanada will show you the US price when it's in your cart - I know that they used to do this. They take quite a few orders from the US.

Dave Conger
06-26-2002, 07:24 PM
I'm 99% sure HandheldCanada will show you the US price when it's in your cart ...

Are there any customs costs that are associated with shipping it from Canada to the US?

OTHHC
06-27-2002, 05:48 AM
I'm 99% sure HandheldCanada will show you the US price when it's in your cart ...

Are there any customs costs that are associated with shipping it from Canada to the US?

We have the ability to show you the approximate U.S. price based on current daily Canadian to U.S. conversion rates (simply select the currency on any page from the top left corner). The rate right now is about 0.65 (multiply any of our prices by 0.65 to get the U.S. equivalent).

We currently only have the ability to charge your credit card in Canadian $ - your credit card company handles the actual conversion to U.S. $ and generally they are reasonably competitive.

While we offer free ground shipping on orders over $100, we recommend that our customers in the U.S. select one of our upgraded shipping options (UPS Expedited or UPS Express) as these include brokerage/customs fees.

We discount the upgraded shipping options by the cost of ground shipping when the order is >$100 - For example, UPS Expedited shipping only costs $8 (about $5 U.S.) and INCLUDES brokerage fees.

Some customers may be charged state taxes upon receipt of their goods but if this is a concern, they can check with their local UPS or Government office as they can clarify what taxes they may need to pay.

The Pretec 1.3MP camera has been delayed slightly due to a packaging error. We understand from Pretec that they are re-packaging them now and we hope to be shipping them within a couple of weeks.

If you are interested in ordering - please use the affiliate link in the post above so that we can continue to support PocketPCThoughts.